To that one Team Member - II

TTOTM(SD) Thank you for seeing that my area was drowning and that I desperately needed help. Thank you for helping me multiple days in a row while my TL was out. Thank you for pushing uboats multiple days in a row and talking me through some of the heaviest freight I've seen when it isn't in Q4. I really needed that support and I was happy to get it from you.
That's the kinda sd we had at the start of the pandemic, which was why everyone at the store kept showing up litterally marching through biological warfare. He left everyone else did too. Cherish that SD

Get rid of social media. Keep email and google.
Forget google. Google and I had a nasty falling out in 2019 that ended up being an electronic divorce.

Avoid social media when playing sick. Bosses can and will use that to hang you.

But sick pay for mental health days keeps one mentally healthy. Sometimes someone just needs a break, before they break.

Oh, do tell. Spill the details.

HG Intense....you mean the guys gym socks were mixed in with the sweat pants?
Captain that's probably the next thing I'll find. Tessa I was actually thinking of you today, I know you'd plotz if you saw our salesfloor.

Let's see: No sizing, hanging racks overstuffed, tables way overpushed, jeans just placed whererever there's an opening (sizes mixed, styles mixed), same with the chinos, stacks of t shirts just plopped wherever they will fit (styles mixed together, long and short-sleeved mixed, same t shirts on different tables, etc).

Tonight I mostly just folded things where they were, very little sizing or sorting or moving stuff where it belongs. It would've taken me forever if I fixed every mistake I saw. As it was I was only able to get a few tables and the Goodfellow jeans done.

TTOTM(SD) Thank you for seeing that my area was drowning and that I desperately needed help. Thank you for helping me multiple days in a row while my TL was out. Thank you for pushing uboats multiple days in a row and talking me through some of the heaviest freight I've seen when it isn't in Q4. I really needed that support and I was happy to get it from you.
My store's SD, and really the whole TL and ETL team, has been helpful too. Sad that not every store has leadership like this.
They'll help with truck push so a DBO can work on POGs, or the reverse if a DBO struggles with the POG thing.

TTOAPAPS & TTS - Don't look at me when a GuEsT walks into the electronics backroom and steals stuff and goes out the fire door, and ask me what I can do to make it not happen again.

This is when the AP-ETL refuses allow the PML to get the door fixed that was broken when the last PML ran a WAVE into it and broke the lock.

This is also when the AP-ETL tells her APBP and above that it is tech members that are putting ducktape to keep it open for OPU, when the whole locking mechanism was ripped out when the door kept "accidentally" locking during the holidays when the tape was coming off.

TTOTM hoe from gs.....no you don't get "5 minutes of fu ch ery" before you actually do anything especially when you expect those already working to join you...read the room for once. Stand there and shut your trap until a guest appraoches.

To that one style TL: Nice job running through your areas before close the past two nights and picking up all the strays. Really clever to put them in a guest cart so an idiot would think all the women's clothing on hangers might think it's returns from guest services. Ummm...but you scheduled me to open the fitting rooms the next day and didn't schedule your opening TMs to work in the fitting rooms at any point during the day? Yeah, that's going to be a no. I'm not sorting your shit out.

To that one style TL: Nice job running through your areas before close the past two nights and picking up all the strays. Really clever to put them in a guest cart so an idiot would think all the women's clothing on hangers might think it's returns from guest services. Ummm...but you scheduled me to open the fitting rooms the next day and didn't schedule your opening TMs to work in the fitting rooms at any point during the day? Yeah, that's going to be a no. I'm not sorting your shit out.
Welcome to my world. Since I don't stress about the floor anymore, they can pile all the crap they want at the fitting room and I will gladly spend my entire shift sorting it.

The problem is at my store all the shelf labels in bullseye are old since no one bothers to update them since everything’s either $1, $3, $5 or $10
I used to love to sort through the bullseye department and make everything pretty!

I used to go up there and organize that whole area and then pick something of interest up and stand by the front door and say, "wow! look at this!"... Guests would grab things like crazy!

It was a lot of fun :)

Get off your phone texting away & help that guest please!
Before you condemn the individual perhaps think that it may be a very critical situation that they are trying to tend to and in the grand scheme of things it's probably taking up only a couple of seconds. That is unless it's a chronic issue with a particular individual.

I once took not even 10 seconds to pick up a text message while I was on a register because I had to have my car towed. All I did was text back the address of the store and the TL on duty, idiotic little young immature shit she was, felt the need to turn off my light, shut down my whole lane, and drag me back to be coached because I took about 5 seconds to voice type the address of the store where they could tow my car.

I was always very friendly with the guests and I had said just seconds before to them (they were my regulars) about what happened to my car and that I was waiting for a call back from the tow company. Nobody in line was pissed off or put off by me voicing into the phone for a grand total of how long it took me to give the address of the store.

YET this one idiot that didn't like me decided that she would try to get me fired over it.

Those are the type of things that I don't miss about Target. Extremely young and green people being put in positions of power when they're not capable of being appropriate.

Oh well.

Those are the type of things that I don't miss about Target. Extremely young and green people being put in positions of power when they're not capable of being appropriate.
So true, and unfortunately some of them don’t improve with age or experience. We had an ETL who had been with Spot since the dawn of time and was more than old enough to know better, yet still treated people that way. 🙄

Sorry you had to deal with that snotty little jerk of a TL. 🙁

Ugh, TTOTL (again) Why is it that one day you'll scold me and tell me to get my own equipment and bags and then other days , you'll ask why I didn't let you know that I needed more bags or a new battery etc? I understand there was a visit today, so you wanted to seem extra helpful, but cut the 'tude. It's been pissing me off for awhile now. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

TTProduceTMs: You have the ability to clean food spills. There's no need to yell for a Cart attendant to come to the dairy cooler because "a little milk spilled." Lol
This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! The Hazards and Bloodbourne Pathogens training literally tells us that we are empowered to clean food, drink, and water spills. Cart Attendants have so many things to do especially when it’s busy. I hate lazy TMs

Back