Archived #TodaysTMsWillNeverKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was kind of recent, but still...

#TodaysTMsWillNeverKnow

The pain of having to apply a pick label to every single SFS item, and having to try to get the printer to stay connected while constantly moving around the store.

Having to do price changes with the LRT and the old school printer that was attached to the LRT by a cord and to top it off, you had to wear a belt that had a little holder for the printer.

I would assume this is what people are referring to when they say "hip printer?"
The O'neil printers usually have a hand strap attached, but a shoulder strap can also be used and it'll hang by your hip. :)

T.I.P.s
Re wrap team member
Code one
Message switch
Worry book
Ad stocker
Pricechange pulling there own back room
Vendors setting cosmitcs
Camera Sound
I could go on and on.

What's a "code one" and "worry book?"
We had a time clock at the front lanes when you responded to backup cashier you clocked in to code one. Worry book is the final mark down. our merchandise manager world have a sheet of paper with clearance on it she would decide the new price it was called worry book

Last edited:
This will give away my location to a few.... We had an old couple come in every week scouring the aisles for clearance. We actually called them Mr and Mrs Worrybook.

The tablet for planogram....

Showed you the Plano, you could hook up a scanner that would tie, make signs and even make it so you could do your own pulls!
Ahhh MSA's! (Mobile Salesfloor Assistant)
Also, Monarch printers anyone?
How about when you had to rip and put ad signs into plastic holders that clipped into the label strip?!

35 rented containers outside for toy and seasonal backstock
Pulling batches from those containers
Having an extra rented wave for the holidays
A room for fixtures and a separate room for signing

We still have these.

Treat Seats
35 rented containers outside for toy and seasonal backstock
Pulling batches from those containers
The days before the wave
Having an extra rented wave for the holidays
Lawn and Garden
Being able to wear anything you wanted as long as you had a red vest on
Un-located stockroom
A room for fixtures and a separate room for signing
Selling cigarettes, tread mills and car batteries
Selling lawn mowers (that guests could return after obviously using them all summer)
Having guests return shoes after they wore them completely out
ETL's writing performance reviews for everyone
A time when 99.9% of promotions were internal
Wow you've been at spot as long as I have. Anyone remember signing used to be a team lead. No wave, no pole had to use a 12 ft ladder.

Over time almost every week. Closing at 9 on Sunday's. And my personal fav playing football in Softlines after a closing shift. The good old days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back