Archived #TodaysTMsWillNeverKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think after two years things would have "normalized"... but with the new CEO and current situation they've all accepted this as normal, and don't give us the "credit card hack" excuse anymore. I'm in Cali and the minimum wage has raised to $9 an hour.. but Wally world has already bumped employees to $10. Finding anyone to stay is nearly impossible, especially the "good" ones. Fourth quarter this year is going to be a joyride.

This year is all about Maximizing Profits.... So when the Fiscal year ends Target can restore as much Fiscal Confidence into itself as it can.... Sort of eating itself from the inside out, so at end of the year its hallow shell can burst into a Supernova of Bad Ideas Shaped into the international sign of opptumism

When they called it Target Time when they needed additional TM to back up the cashiers.
When Target only sold women's dresses at Easter and softlines had to change watch batteries.

We still have this sign in our jewelry boat that says "we do not change watch batteries"

I just don't get it. I don't think we need the amount of staff that people were posting about in here but it's obvious we do need more. Why can't we have more people to help work? It's so frustrating.

The heads at corporate need to pay off their fifth jet somehow so they cut hours and take a bonus to do so.

Pfft, you guys have it easy. My store closes at midnight on weekdays and at 11 on Sundays. Our operational hours went up by one hour during Q4 last year and were never lowered again.

Same, we got the bullshit "midnight close" on Saturday and 11PM on Sunday. I miss closing at 10PM on Sunday. Fun lil bs shift to do nothing with.

Yellow legged tables in SL and those silver rounder racks.
Baby food and diapers in HL
Glass cased Electronics Boat which I used to decorate for holidays
HOST
Cashier Supervisors
Having to scan yellow or blue labels for the return scan in electronics
TL's having to prep their own ad
Grilled Cheese sandwiches, chicken tenders, and fries at Food Ave
Staying until 1am every night to make sure the zone was perfect and abandons were done with triple the TM's working then we have now

HOST?

I was confused as to why y'all saying we don't have khakis but then I realized y'all women. Mens has plenty at my store at least.

Team members who knew how to do things all over the store and stayed with Target for a long time.

Come see my store. STL has been with Target for a fair amount of time (new as STL tho), ETL-GE has been here roughly 12 years. The opener for guest service weekdays has been here 13 years (she's an ex-GSTL, stepped down). Numerous flow been there over 5 years.

Same, we got the bullshit "midnight close" on Saturday and 11PM on Sunday. I miss closing at 10PM on Sunday. Fun lil bs shift to do nothing with.

Ugh, the extended weekend hours. So much for work-life balance.

Come see my store. STL has been with Target for a fair amount of time (new as STL tho), ETL-GE has been here roughly 12 years. The opener for guest service weekdays has been here 13 years (she's an ex-GSTL, stepped down). Numerous flow been there over 5 years.

We have multiple TLs who have been with Spot since my store opened 17 years ago.

If there isn't, Ask your PA...

Sampling is literally in our Job Description.

Just make sure u give one to the guest and tell them this is how good saving 5% tastes every time you shop with your Red Card..
I meant that there is ice cream in The break room freezer !

Are your hours only extended on the weekend? Because we close at 12 every day except for sunday. It's stupid.

Having to put on license plates with the defectives. You know...those stupid red, yellow and green stickers that had to go on every defective with the printed defective sticker?
I still call the deffectives by the license plate color and it confuses the new team members

LRTs.

TLs for every salesfloor department.

TLs prepping their own ad and SETTING IT BACKWARDS in the plastic 3x5 holders so that the ad team could turn it around on Sunday morning. Not to mention that the signs came in just as plain white signs, when you prepped them, you had to put the colored backer cards behind them.

Orange stickies in the backroom.

No magnetic key in Electronics, just the key to open the glass display. Oh, and the old video game glass cabinets.

Comp-shopping at Walmart with a list printed on dot matrix paper.

TLs shooting their own research on their particular day (before Instocks existed). Not to mention planning your own sales endcaps (no salesplanners).

We still have this sign in our jewelry boat that says "we do not change watch batteries"

The heads at corporate need to pay off their fifth jet somehow so they cut hours and take a bonus to do so.

HOST?

I was confused as to why y'all saying we don't have khakis but then I realized y'all women. Mens has plenty at my store at least.

HOST was a system on either the register or the computer or both. I can't remember now it's been so long since I used it. I think it was both. On the register we used it to input guests information for Redcards. Guests filled out a paper app and we had to input it. On the computer I think there was a bunch of reports that you could access through it. Again, this is going back about 13 years so I might be remembering wrong.

Back in the olden days when the registers had small vac tube terminals, text only (no graphics or pics), grey & white.
HOST was the system that you brought up to enter credit apps, which were hand-written paper apps. We had one cash sup (before they started calling them GSTLs/GSAs) who stood there keying in all the app info.
I remember having to void out trans manually & re-ringing them & there was NO fix-it function.

I miss all the interesting & unique giftcards we used to have: the card with flower seeds embedded in a recycled paper backer, the digital camera one (min $50), the box full of Legos that made a snowman or Bullseye, the little RC mouse in a shopping cart, the fly with the dragon-eye lenses, the lizard that changed colors, the Christmas ones that played music/flickered lights, the cards that flickered back & forth, the face that had changeable features, the one that changed like a Transformer, the scratch-n-sniff that smelled like a cupcake, the hand-crank flashlight one, the one with bath beads for Mother's day, the one with the punch-out parts to make a glider, the guitar one made out of wood, etc.
The current crop is so......boring.

Back in the olden days when the registers had small vac tube terminals, text only (no graphics or pics), grey & white.
HOST was the system that you brought up to enter credit apps, which were hand-written paper apps. We had one cash sup (before they started calling them GSTLs/GSAs) who stood there keying in all the app info.
I remember having to void out trans manually & re-ringing them & there was NO fix-it function.

I miss all the interesting & unique giftcards we used to have: the card with flower seeds embedded in a recycled paper backer, the digital camera one (min $50), the box full of Legos that made a snowman or Bullseye, the little RC mouse in a shopping cart, the fly with the dragon-eye lenses, the lizard that changed colors, the Christmas ones that played music/flickered lights, the cards that flickered back & forth, the face that had changeable features, the one that changed like a Transformer, the scratch-n-sniff that smelled like a cupcake, the hand-crank flashlight one, the one with bath beads for Mother's day, the one with the punch-out parts to make a glider, the guitar one made out of wood, etc.
The current crop is so......boring.

Yeah Giftcards used to be one of Target's trademarks... I used to have people come to our store specifically to get some of them, and they'd call and ask me what I had lol.

Toggling on the PDAs between SEVERAL apps. I don't know about you guys, but I toggled a lot when I RSCHed.
Hell really was trying to make substitutions in softlines (at least when leadership thought that wasn't an idiotic idea). So, so much toggling over there. Just when you thought you knew what table was what aisle number, they changed things around on you!

What was the raincheck function on RFAPPs called again? I can't remember anymore and that makes me feel sad for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back