Archived Too much hanging softlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past couple of months we have been absolutely bombarded with a ton of hanging softlines freight. We have scanner through and pulled down all d-code and clearance. But there is just no more room for anymore hanging apparel. Z-racks are constantly all being used for backstock and we're already using up the reserved space for 4th quarter. Any tips? I am a backroom-instocks tl btw. My stl doesn't even have an idea where we can put the rest of the backstock. So I think it's a perfect opportunity for me to make myself stand out.

Last edited:
I am a flow tm who pushes softlines. We rarely leave truck push due to lack of room. My first choice is to consolidate clearance. You don't always need 4 convertibles. Clearance is marked as 30% and up etc. It makes it harder for pricing but sometimes you have no choice. You never want product hanging in the backroom or left on a z. In a pinch raise your 4 ways and have 4 arms on each side. Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck!

I am a flow tm who pushes softlines. We rarely leave truck push due to lack of room. My first choice is to consolidate clearance. You don't always need 4 convertibles. Clearance is marked as 30% and up etc. It makes it harder for pricing but sometimes you have no choice. You never want product hanging in the backroom or left on a z. In a pinch raise your 4 ways and have 4 arms on each side. Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck!
I like that advice, except I'm referring to the backstock portion. Push is always done. But I'm literally out of room in my backroom for any hanging softlines

They are loops of strapping material with hanging hooks on them that allow you to make a kind of chain holding hanging mdse. They allow you to hang a lot more in a section than just using the bar.

They are loops of strapping material with hanging hooks on them that allow you to make a kind of chain holding hanging mdse. They allow you to hang a lot more in a section than just using the bar.
Oh we call those banana clips. We banana clipped EVERYTHING...

I like that advice, except I'm referring to the backstock portion. Push is always done. But I'm literally out of room in my backroom for any hanging softlines

I'm confused. We are not allowed to have hanging softlines in the backroom. You say push is always done but it isn't if you are leaving it in the backroom. We do use the extenders once in a blue moon. Depending on the weight you can put 5 or so items in the strap part and put them up. If I do this, I check every truck day to see if I can pull it down. I having been pushing softlines for 5 years and it has always been hanging softlines does not get back stocked. Asants I guess.

funny backstock hanging is a direction we have been given backstock that shit so people can actually shop the floor where you can touch a rack without dumping half of it on the floor.. We have hanging all over our backroom and softlines is responsible for pulling out what is needed when its needed.

Same. We've moved to representation on the floor and extra inventory in the back. It had gotten really hard to shop ready to wear just because of how many fixtures were on the floor. We have a dedicated section of steel that houses a good portion of our hanging backstock.

One year, we had a storage trailer for hanging. They put bars on both sides of the trailer. It was insane.

Your SLTL may need to do some remerchandising. You can maintain brand and shopability while double hanging racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back