Archived Traveling abroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I've been working at Target for about six months now and I'm currently a full time student working part time cashier. Recently I got accepted into a program where I can teach kids in another country this summer as a small internship.

My question is: How do I let my team leaders know about this (I already gave them a heads up at HR and they seem pretty angry about it..I'm not sure why...). Do I submit it into the system as a vacation or leave or something, (Its going to be way more than two weeks, about the whole summer vacation). In all honesty, I have no clue what to do..or someone could explain to me about the process for this :) It'll be much appreciated it! Thanks so much!

As others have said, educational LOA. If your leadership has a problem, well........they can go do things I wouldn't say in front of my mother.

HR has no reason to be angry about this. You are a part time cashier, and a student at that. Your store will likely have other students coming home for the summer anyway, as well as will likely hire people in the summer as well.

They should be super excited for you. I know I am!

haha, thanks again guys! and also i have another question :( if I need to provide legal documents for my educational LOA (I'm just worried, cause I dont think I can provide a physical document about it)!

Thank you for your response guys, It is greatly appreciated!

That depends on your store. A note from your registrar on official school letter head for the days of the trip may suffice.

I am leaving for 8 weeks over the summer,to go back to my country,( I have to find a home for my aging parents ,put their actual house on the market ,and will travel around Europe with my kids and hubby ,to show them where I grew up ) I was upfront with my TL( it is a plain,pure vacation), HR approved my personal LOA ,( I even asked her if I needed to give my 2 weeks ) she told me I could take up to 120 days !
I was surprised,I thought it had to be educational,medical etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back