Archived Trying to put in my two weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandie89

ElectronicsTM
So, I've been with spot for nearly two years (I can't believe it's been that long already), and I'm trying to put in my two weeks notice. I've already been interviewed and hired for a new job that starts next month. Pretty much everyone in the store knows that I'm going to be leaving soon (even though I only mentioned it to two of my close friends/co-workers) and I know our ETL-HR knows, I'm just having trouble getting them to sit down with me so I can actually give my official notice. Even my team lead knows and asked me when my last day is going to be. We don't currently have a TM for HR because they're training and I honestly would feel more comfortable talking with this particular person (the ETL) but I guess I can go through my STL or one of the other ETLs. One of my ETLs actually does know because they came up to me and asked if and why I was leaving, but they heard it through the grapevine like everyone else did. Do I actually need to fill out that sheet or can I still go through the process by just speaking to someone?

This isn't really me asking a question or seeking advice, I just kind of wanted to vent.

Oh, also, I think I'm in a state that does offer vacation payouts, but I don't know if spot would honour it? I have over a week's worth of vacation. Or could I just request the time off so I can use it but have my last day be before the vacation starts so I still get paid?

Last edited:
Aren't your department ETL and ETL-HR both viable options?

If they're super lenient you could put in voluntary term form but push the last day out and then take vacation after your last day. Maybe. Quitting is easy, getting your vacation is harder

If they're super lenient you could put in voluntary term form but push the last day out and then take vacation after your last day. Maybe. Quitting is easy, getting your vacation is harder
Before I got this new job, I had requested time off using ph and 8 hours worth of vacation time but told my team lead to just schedule me and cancel the time off. If I request it again with all of my hours, I'm wondering if they would honour that.

Use up any sick or personal leave. Vacation maybe paid to you, depends on state law. Fill out 2 week form & give it to your etl or tl. Spot will try to stop you.

Any ETL or TL can give you a term form. If there is no one to do this, just type out a brief note that includes the last day you will be working. If you are in a vacation payout state, Target has no choice but to pay you.

Yup, just get a term form from anyone. It's not really a big deal to quit. I know you are nervous about it but people quit all the time. Even the best retention stores lose anywhere from 3 to 4 people a month. That's just retail.

The problem with quitting without the form is it may not get communicated and you can end up non rehireable.

As far as vacation. If they refuse to schedule you less, just request vacation from past weeks. I have put in vacation for weeks 10 months in the past to get tms their pay.

It's up to your hrs discretion if they let you use vacation post quit or if they term you immediately after your last day

I have been known to do that with my vacation, especially lately. I know my store is bad about approving my time off so I've literally went in eHR and added small amounts of vacation time even if it's 15 minutes to get up to 40. In some weeks when I have done true vacation I would submit it once and then a couple weeks later submit it again and most times I'm successful

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn in your notice to HR and ETL mailbox and Voluntary Term Form.

You should also use your sick time as well. You earned it, don't let the keep it

You should also use your sick time as well. You earned it, don't let the keep it
I don't have any sick time. It's always been at 0.00
I just took the hit for the day I missed if I called out when I got my paycheck.

Yup, just get a term form from anyone. It's not really a big deal to quit. I know you are nervous about it but people quit all the time. Even the best retention stores lose anywhere from 3 to 4 people a month. That's just retail.

The problem with quitting without the form is it may not get communicated and you can end up non rehireable.

As far as vacation. If they refuse to schedule you less, just request vacation from past weeks. I have put in vacation for weeks 10 months in the past to get tms their pay.

It's up to your hrs discretion if they let you use vacation post quit or if they term you immediately after your last day
How does that work? I've never heard of going about it that way.

Put in a vacation pay request like normal, but choose a previous week instead of the current or a future week.

Like sfs fun said. You just put in a request from a past week. Find a week where you were under your average hours even by .25 keep doing that. Eventually it will add up and really bad your final check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back