Archived Turning off the phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My target has been doing this for a while now. Anytime they don't want people to call off they will turn off the phones well after an LOD is supposed to be on duty. The call just ends without ever getting the chance to talk to someone. So as a flow team member I'm sitting here at 6 am calling multiple times until I get put through. Are they allowed to do this?

My target has been doing this for a while now. Anytime they don't want people to call off they will turn off the phones well after an LOD is supposed to be on duty. The call just ends without ever getting the chance to talk to someone. So as a flow team member I'm sitting here at 6 am calling multiple times until I get put through. Are they allowed to do this?
When do you guys start working the truck? If it is 6am most of the time logistics with come in at 500 am or 530 am. As long as you call within two hours of the start of your shift you are fine calling out without repercussions.

As for your question, it is for the same reason why they do not open the door for people to come in before the start time of the truck offload. Too many people would disrupt what they have to do in order for them to prep. By they I mean ETL logistics and any key holders (backroom and flow).

It sounds by your question though that they are picking up the phone way after 6 am. There should be an opening LOD at 7 am so I do not know. I know from experience that when they hear a ring overhead prior to the store opening they know pretty much that it is a callout and are less than thrilled. It could also be that they may have not turned on the overnight recording so that it does not do the ring. When you were there before 8 am did you ever hear a ring overhead ?( not the door but for the phone answering system)

Last edited:
Screenshot all those calls in your outgoing calls. Wait until store is open and call again and tell them you've been calling, you have the proof, and you won't be there.

Also I've never called the hotline but this definitely sounds like a hotline call is warranted

ASANTS, but ever since we switched to the Zebras as the primary phone, our automated system does the same thing. A couple things you can do, as soon as the automated message starts talking, hit zero. It should put you through. For the zebra phones to work, at least two need to be logged in for it to work. Your early morning TL or LOD may not know that.

It's happened at plenty of stores. People are mistakenly muting the phone while they're working at TSC. Might have been somebody muting the phone while they're on the phone a guest. Last time I had a problem I started calling out before the store closed and finally got through after 11 p.m. because somebody had reset the phone to the overhead.

The new phone system doesn’t automatically make the call ring overhead before we open. If you don’t hit 0 it just drops your call.

Which we were given awesome communication about. NOT.. We didn't know until about two weeks after the phones changed when a bunch of people NCNS'd.. Cause the old system you wait until you get the prompt to hit 0 or 8 to talk to someone one, where the new system just drops you. Leadership was like "We don't know what is wrong with the phones."

Find out yeah there was an e-mail just no one though to tell anyone below ETL that info might be handy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back