Archived Up-coming Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently applied to Target for a cashier position while I was in between jobs but recently got my old part time job back. I would still like to go through the process and possibly work both jobs. I got a phone interview the other day and today they called me to set up an in-person interview. During my phone interview, I told them my availability not taking into account my other job. Would it look bad/ would Target not hire me if I shrink my availability during my actual interview? My availability would shrink to 4 days a week/ 20 hours. Does Target allow set schedules for part-timers? What are the minimum hours of work Target requires?

Like above said, you're out if you don't have nights & weekends open. Great or not...

Be careful about going into an interview with 'open' avail only to shrink it after hire.
They could deny your avail change or could withdraw the offer (I witnessed the latter after an orientation).

I mean I applied with open availability for the summer but said in my first interview it will change once school starts. Depends on your stores needs I guess and if your availability fits those needs

This.
If they know you're a student beforehand, that's completely different.

My bad. Just thought applying with one availability and then changing it in the interview was similar.

I will say this we get tons of applicants and they all put open availability then when the interview comes magically they cant work weekends, nights and only want 20 hours a week. Even as a cashier that makes it extremely difficult to schedule. We often decline a second interview for these reasons.

I will say this we get tons of applicants and they all put open availability then when the interview comes magically they cant work weekends, nights and only want 20 hours a week. Even as a cashier that makes it extremely difficult to schedule. We often decline a second interview for these reasons.

Yup so the best practice is during your interview you sign an availability binding you to it.

We get plenty of applicants only available Monday thru Friday from 9 to 5. Easy turn downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back