COVID-19 Vaccine

Wait for it

February 11, will start at about 6,500 stores that will receive a total of 1 million doses

I hope team members at my store actually get it. There are two I work with that said they aren’t going to. Luckily I got my vaccine via New York State already.

Did a lot of TM's take advantage of the free Flu vaccinations at the stores? I always got mine, very few others did as well.

Did a lot of TM's take advantage of the free Flu vaccinations at the stores? I always got mine, very few others did as well.
There was a huge increase in signups this year for the flu shot at our store. Clearly cause of Covid. Last year, barely anyone signed up. I always get one.

So many foolish reasons but it's their choice. More for those who want it. No judging. I know many physicians and they all advocate it. I am much older than all of you folks on this forum and I have never had the flu. Enough said.

So many foolish reasons but it's their choice. More for those who want it. No judging. I know many physicians and they all advocate it. I am much older than all of you folks on this forum and I have never had the flu. Enough said.
It's their choice, but if we don't get to a point of herd immunity, everyone's screwed.

Back to flu talk, I noticed there's barely any flu activity this year. Likely because of the masks and social distancing-

It's their choice, but if we don't get to a point of herd immunity, everyone's screwed.

Back to flu talk, I noticed there's barely any flu activity this year. Likely because of the masks and social distancing-

Or no one is paying attention to the flu and that lack of attention is creating the illusion of no flu. COVID is big and bad, but I doubt it is so bad it has massacred all other viruses and bacteria, preventing infections.

Or no one is paying attention to the flu and that lack of attention is creating the illusion of no flu. COVID is big and bad, but I doubt it is so bad it has massacred all other viruses and bacteria, preventing infections.
No, it didn't. The thing that has reduced them is the focus on the pandemics transmission rates. The same precautions that help reduce COVID spread also reduce other, less lethal, less infectious viruses spread.

E S Tell us, what is the approximate percentage of your store's employees who got the flu shot? I assume stores offered it to employees for no charge. Defying the entire medical community is very risky behavior.

Most of us are young so if we get it (and some of us have it is not bad at all, some say it’s a mild flu or bad cold).
Tell that to the 20 year olds with lifelong lung and heart problems now due to Covid. Tell that to the younger people who didn't get a "mild flu" and were hospitalized. Young doesn't equal invulnerable.

And regardless wide vaccination will lead to some level of herd immunity evebtually for those who CAN'T get vaccinated for health reasons. Your attitude sucks, and idk why you'd rather risk your health over just taking a set of free vaccines and helping out future goals of herd immunity.

but you would never know and wouldn’t quarantine and cause more damage.
ALSO, a lot people spread covid before being symptomatic or never get symptoms so this logic makes no sense.

Get vaccinated, or don't, fine. But don't spread this BS. Everyone who can should get vaccinated so we can go back to our normal lives and stop people from dying or living with life altering medical issues.

And from what I’ve heard even if you get the vaccine you can still carry and spread it to others so there isn’t a reason for any of us to get it.
You better be fucking sure, because acting according to "what you heard" is everybody else's liability.

How sure are you? Or is it "just something you heard"?

And your logic that because it probably won't hurt you personally, you don't need to worry about it is fantastically selfish and irresponsible. I wear my mask to protect YOU, not me.

No, it didn't. The thing that has reduced them is the focus on the pandemics transmission rates. The same precautions that help reduce COVID spread also reduce other, less lethal, less infectious viruses spread.
Uh huh, sure. "We aren't talking about other illnesses because our lifestyle is magic bullet immunity. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain."

Meanwhile people are going to die from diseases too old school to be worth news headlines and too mundane for additional research dollars, all the while the headlines will say there are no mundane disease infections. And people will buy it hook, line and sinker, since COVID is the only bad disease anyone is talking about.

5 years from now, when someone looks back at the flu rate it'll be normal and they'll wonder how it was ignored.

Uh huh, sure. "We aren't talking about other illnesses because our lifestyle is magic bullet immunity. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain."

Meanwhile people are going to die from diseases too old school to be worth news headlines and too mundane for additional research dollars, all the while the headlines will say there are no mundane disease infections. And people will buy it hook, line and sinker, since COVID is the only bad disease anyone is talking about.

5 years from now, when someone looks back at the flu rate it'll be normal and they'll wonder how it was ignored.
I'm pretty sure the medical community hasn't stopped paying attention to other diseases. That would be ridiculous. And of course wearing masks, not socializing, keeping your distance, and other measures will reduce the spread of other viruses. Why wouldn't it?

Shit, just be anti-social for awhile and put the damned mask on, it ain't that hard. And Karen, when you come into my establishment if you don't act and behave properly and that includes a mask, you will get the fuck out pronto. You have NO rights in my place.

Back