COVID-19 Vaccine

So I actually called HR and they pulled up the policy, and said that you can only get paid if you missed work up to 3 days after your vaccine dose.

This has all been very confusing.

Whomever you called is wrong. You get the hours for each shot on a day you work or not on a scheduled day. I have other friends in other stores and all have been paid.

my coworker just got paid for hers by showing a copy of her cdc vaccine shot. i just gave mine to hr a few days ago. she said seeing the copy was enough and didnt say anything else.

View attachment 12450

Being vaccinated does not mean that on a hot summer night you can offer your throat, to the wolf with the red roses.
Even if he offers his mouth, teeth, jaws, confirms his hunger, and says he will starve without you.
Seriously, it doesn't if he says he loves you and the beach is burning with fog crawling over the sand.
Just be safe
Is that... Meatloaf??

Yeah it sounds like they’re confusing two different policies. You get 4 hours for getting the vaccine (2 hours for each shot) and you get vaccine pay if you miss work due to side effects with a doctors note. Your HR Expert has access to key it as well.

Got the first Moderna yesterday and it's just standard vaccine soreness. I've been having an eye roll at all the TMs who are calling off after the first shot, or whining to go home early. And it's always the same people who take advantage of anything they can. When they get the second shot, they might have a more legit excuse but it will still come off as more whining because they faked discomfort after the first one. We should cut their hours because they don't want to work. So sick of babying people.
...they don't want to work when sick.
Fixed it for you.

...they don't want to work when sick.
Fixed it for you.
I get that people don't want to work sick. We all get that.

It's the fantastic coincidence that the people who take advantage of anything they can are also taking advantage of this one.

And they will do it again when they get their second shot, whether or not they feel bad. I would much rather they just request it off, but they will choose to screw us over instead.

So I actually called HR and they pulled up the policy, and said that you can only get paid if you missed work up to 3 days after your vaccine dose.

This has all been very confusing.
Whomever you called is wrong. You get the hours for each shot on a day you work or not on a scheduled day. I have other friends in other stores and all have been paid.
Ok, we straightened it all out. When you really think about it, this is supposed to be an incentive, and how is it an incentive to be paid 2 hours for missing a 5+ hour shift? It makes no sense lol. I was told I can bring the vaccine card in tomorrow to get the request put in.

Back