Archived Very low January hours across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if February hours will go back up a bit, about 80% of my store is getting like 18 or under hours the next few weeks in January ( one of my weeks I'm only getting 9)

Hopefully your store will get rid of some seasonals if they haven’t already. But honestly this question gets asked all year (moreso in early January, we have several threads on this exact topic already). The best answer I can give is that it’ll go back up the week of Thanksgiving. “Payroll is tight” according to most STLs about 45 weeks of the year. And we hire seasonal TMs for the additional payroll for most of the higher weeks anyway. It’s worst right now but don’t expect it to get a lot better.

Our SFS is always relatively high volume, we're the only remaining Restock store in the area on top of other circumstances. Every year we still have hours.. until this year. Our TL recently left, after more than a decade with the company (this modernization turnover is something..) Under the new leadership we still have seasonals that shouldn't be here anymore. I think they missed the 90 on some, tbh. We've had at least four more seasonal people start just this month. And for the first year, our hours have now been slashed to nothing. The few of us that have been regular br/sfs TMs for years have never seen them this low. Yet there aren't enough of us staffed at any given time for the workload. We asked the ETL HR why there are tms from other work centers being put into SFS and got told they're in the department because we need more people to get through the workload. Why in the world would you put people who aren't even backroom/flex trained into SFS, while not giving the workcenter their own hours? And then they told us we can pick up hardlines shifts (which aren't available anyway) if we need hours - yes, we need hours.. so give us our hours and let the hardlines TMs stay there. I've been at 32+ for five years in this store. I've had to train ETLs and STLs from other stores on a particular process. I've been told they need me as a captain in my workcenter constantly because they need my knowledge and dedication. The ETLs in my store come to me with questions about the work.

Shame on me for falling for it.

Last edited:
This is normal for Target (and there's a bunch of threads here already about it). I'm looking for a second job for summer because Target will not be enough for me to make rent AND pay bills.

I guess my only advice is try to pick up hours when you can. I got called yesterday (and I was shocked) to go in, but I didn't since I've been battling a nasty head cold for about a week.

Why in the world would you put people who aren't even backroom/flex trained into SFS, while not giving the workcenter their own hours?
Not a new thing, sorry to say. Before modernization, a soft lines TM would sometimes be sent over to "help" me in HBA when I didn't really need any help, thanks anyway, but she "needed" hours. And stuff like that is still happening.

Or see if you can transfer to a higher volume store near you.

My store is still busy as December and getting 9 trucks a week 2 doubles plus 7 FDC trucks.
Our volume did 230 k Friday and today about 200 k.

My store is just like this except lower hours still lol. Just did 8 pallets of frozen dairy today between four people and guess what, everyone was gone by noon except for me. I had like three pallets left.

Sometimes I think what stores need is a smarter was of delegating and allocating hours to specific departments that could use the hours. Except, this is the way my department has been for literally months. Under-staffed, unbalanced scheduling, huge trucks(eight for frozen/dairy is huge for a week day)

Does anyone know if February hours will go back up a bit, about 80% of my store is getting like 18 or under hours the next few weeks in January ( one of my weeks I'm only getting 9)
Asants. Depends on your stores predicament. Making sales? My store will get more this feb than last feb because our sales are booming.
We also will be moving up store volume and will be allotted another etl and more tls.

we have been crushing sales and busy as we were in December.
I just hope it slows down after the superbowl

Hours will not go up in February. February starts a new fiscal year for target, so payroll will probably end up just as tight or even tighter.
We'll see how those February hours work out as I'm encouraging EVERYONE to apply for unemployment as they are eligible based on the drop to 4 and 8 hours per WEEK from 21 - 30ish before January and now February far worse....but STILL all those NOOBS with very adequate hours.

Target must really think we're all dumb as twigs!

AHA!

I just figured out WHY they don't like us to socialize! We'd share!

I had a previous HR-ETL tell one of the friends still at Target to apply for unemployment, as her hours got cut in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back