Archived Veterans Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I'm gonna miss my free meal...

Is tomorrow time and a half??
You don't even get school off depending on where you live. I used to have to take an unexcused absence all the time as a kid....but my parents are both vets so it was a big thing for me.

i just asked the woman who sits in the TSC area and is part of HR and does nothing....

She just smiled and said "come on you no better, than ask that question."

I guess I'm just tired of days being commercialized and as an excuse to get days off and extra pay. Unless you're a veteran or have family members who are veterans, it doesn't really affect you.

Not disagreeing. But using that logic, Christians should get time and a half for Sunday or Christmas. Jews time and a half for Friday. Wiccans time and a half for Halloween. People in unions time and a half for Labor Day. Etc.
How do you compare people voluntarily signing up to fight for this country to religion and unions... lol

140dw10.jpg

Me and my 'lil (we had brother duty) brother, in Hong Kong. You can see Enterprise in the background.

Good times!

140dw10.jpg

Me and my 'lil (we had brother duty) brother, in Hong Kong. You can see Enterprise in the background.

Good times!
My brother-in-law served on the Enterprise during Vietnam. Husband and I were both Air force during the same time frame.
On another note: went to Great Clips to get my free haircut. It's nice now that I'm retired and on a set income to not have to pay anything except a tip. The girl shook my hand and thanked me for my service. Then went to Applebees for our free dinner. Every year I get the Oriental Chicken Salad. Love it.

I always get the bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Pretty sure its one of the 8 days they do pay us for.
TLs get paid 6 paid holidays in addition to time and half on those days. I'm APS (PG 15) and get 6.

Christmas
Thanksgiving
Memorial Day
Labor Day
July 4th
New Years Day

Team members get time and half on all of those days. TMs over 32 average hours also get Christmas and Thanksgiving paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back