Archived Vibe EH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent S

GSA
Soooo... I just found out, Canadian stores are going to start "vibe". What should I expect?

I hope you all have to suffer with the cheesy rip offed hallmark posters we had to when it rolled out for us.

[QUOTE="jackofallworkcenters, post: 142810, member: 9015"but the actual CIHYFS phrase is rarely ever used. Maybe it's different in other areas. I can only speak for the stores I've been to in Ontario.[/QUOTE]

I'm just across the border and that phrase is so ingrained that I've said it to customers IN OTHER STORES when they looked lost. I've been with Spot for five years though so maybe that's why.

There we go, TLs had a training session yesterday at our store, Brand Team had it today. The two examples they used were 'guest spills their TH coffee, you find out what they were drinking, go to the in-store SB & replace it' is good, 'TM goes for a carryout, comes back an hour later and says they changed the guest's tyres' is bad.

Rolling out to TMs likely starts next week to take over a month. The new 4x4 walks sound like a decent way of auditing labels & zone (oh, my naive optimism ;)), and thank gods we're moving training from purely theoretical to more practical (Canadian TMs spend about 3 days doing 'modules' just reading on computer before they're allowed anywhere near a checklane. Theoretically, a new Flow member has 8 weeks reading before they can help unload the truck. This didn't happen, but from now it shouldn't, either).

Great Team cards will now be Vibe cards, and huddles will have time dedicated to great Vibe moments as well as recognition. I'm pretty sure the only way to get hyper enough for this is to start snorting concentrated sugar in lines in the washroom.

Heh, we had to write a new VC as part of the training, then they asked us what was different - we went through all the 'different size, says vibe, slogan at top' before someone noticed 'it adds location'. We'll apparently be even more responsible for making sure these get used now YAY.

I could understand their comment that we're only getting Vibe now it's been in the States for 3 years and bedded down and they think they've worked out kinks etc - but given we've only existed about 18 months, that means you'd already had it over a year before we launched, so kinda surprising it wasn't a built-in from day 1.

(Thinking of built-ins: CIHYFS 'will still be there, but it's like a reward, people who've shown they use it great are allowed to customise it, so you guys don't have to use it, the important thing is greeting every guest and making that genuine connection with them'. They then seemed to realise what they'd said and backtracked that it's mandatory. I'm not sure we could help them find their policy :))

I only used CIHYFS if they had that 1.000 mile stare that meant they might actually be lo0king for something.
Most of the time I asked "Did you find everything you need?" or some variation.
That way people said yes rather than no, and if they needed help they could ask for it.

Be prepared to bend over and take it from any guest who gets upset. Especially if you work guest service. And if you think this is bad, wait until you guys have to "be bold."

We're newly constituted ;) Our store's had some fairly big problems for a while, including there was no brand team. New STL came in, one of her priorities was getting Brand positions filled and using us - most of us have either been doing it for a week or starting new role in the next few days. In our intervews she emphasised that she wants to use us basically as TLs but without the right/responsibility of coaching - so we're expected to act as leaders, always have recognition ready for huddle, run projects, grab people for endcaps that need fixing etc, but if things go wrong we can only have informal chats, any formal training/reprimand we have to partner with a TL or above.

Basically, our STL's really swallowed the kool-aid. If it's a Target policy, it's very likely to be implemented as written. Which has ups and downs, I think my teeth are rotting from the sweetness, but it means she talks to individual TMs about making sure their work is FFF and keeping them enthusiastic, and when GSA get to begging 'all available team members to checklanes', I've seen her walk up and sign on.

and when GSA get to begging 'all available team members to checklanes', I've seen her walk up and sign on.

Ours hops on regularly. She'll try to help at the service desk too, but that's rarely very useful since you have to come over and show her how to do anything remotely complicated, so you might as well be the one on the SD register doing it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back