Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, maybe Target is trying to elevate the employee profile and will eliminate some of the smaller positions in order to capitalize on the experience that us externally hired new VML's are going to be bringing to the table. It isn't a "pet project" It is an investment in upscaling the experience that Target guest have while shopping.
Just like Target pairs with some of the best designers in the industry to do the Collaborative capsule collections, they want that type of employee in house to reflect the same sense of style. I wouldn't be so negative about the position, it puts us down.

I don't think this is very thoughtful response. I don't think it is about eliminating positions, it is about enhancing others. As I said earlier, many SL/TM/Departments have been stretched thin with workloads. It is definitely an investment as it would be with any full-time position, but it is dependent on the many members who make up the non-leader roles. The goal is to have VML's specialize in an area that not only contributes the most sales, but also has the highest profit margin. Having VML's train, follow-up and respond in commercial ways will increase sales, which does have a trickle down effect for other areas. The role is absolutely much more than 'making things look pretty'. Our Visual Merchandising Market Leaders will be putting us to work very soon and you can bet your paycheck that it won't be about fluff, it is going to be about substance: reaction/branding/results.

In my past positions, I have always fought for attention/observation of management performance first, since it is the largest payroll sink in under-performing locations. The problem has never (in my experience) started with the part-time members. If the location isn't doing well, it is due to management. The many members of the 'smaller' positions are only as effective as they are trained, coached and motivated to be. I would rather have 4 part-time members who are trained and motivated to work, than another 40 hour payroll sink that is stretched thin from workloads and cannot finish any directives.

My first visit as a PA (I was borderline shaking in me boots).. How long does it take for the Sanitizer to take effect?

I reply 60 seconds...

He replies, are you sure? is it 60 seconds or a minute?

Awkward 8 second pause as my entire Target life flashed before my eyes....

Enter... Roarous Laughter....

- My Dream is to work for Steritech and Audit my own Store.
So much yes. I think working for them would be awesome. Plus the chance to nail stores on stuff you know they cheat on.

Ours used to cut me slack because I never lied to her. So even if I gave her the wrong answer she wouldn't count it against us if we promised to change by the next visit.

Its offensive if you are defensive. Look I don't know any of you so I can't speak to who you are, I'm just reading through these comments and giving my opinion. Sorry if you find my opinions offensive.

Saying people have no taste is offensive, whether you know them or not. It has nothing to do with being defensive. If I called you ugly, you'd be offended. I wouldn't say you're defensive.

Well, your posts right off the bat were "I have a degree, pay me more" and "Y'all don't have taste." The reason we got defensive is because of your responses. You're playing a victim, when it's clear that you're not. People have tried to explain things to you and you just go, "Oh, well...but what about this?"

And you do NOT work at my store. My VMTL is a ditzy mess, but she doesn't act like this.
well stop looking at all my posts how do you all see them anyway, I have people I have never seen responding to my shit, I don't like this site, I want to delete me account but can't figure out how.

well stop looking at all my posts how do you all see them anyway, I have people I have never seen responding to my shit, I don't like this site, I want to delete me account but can't figure out how.

What the actual fuck....How do we see them? YOU POSTED THEM ON THIS THREAD. Like...what?

And, no I don't want the job of VMTL. I am more than qualified - fancy paper and all + retail experience.

In my store the VMTL would be used and abused just like the rest of us.

I have a question (off topic real quick): What is Steritech? I haven't heard this yet.

And, no I don't want the job of VMTL. I am more than qualified - fancy paper and all + retail experience.

In my store the VMTL would be used and abused just like the rest of us.

I wouldn't want to be in charge of my fellow brand team members and I at my store...We're all a bit sassy, and there's not a single one of us who takes and form of bull-nonsense.

I don't think this is very thoughtful response. I don't think it is about eliminating positions, it is about enhancing others. As I said earlier, many SL/TM/Departments have been stretched thin with workloads. It is definitely an investment as it would be with any full-time position, but it is dependent on the many members who make up the non-leader roles. The goal is to have VML's specialize in an area that not only contributes the most sales, but also has the highest profit margin. Having VML's train, follow-up and respond in commercial ways will increase sales, which does have a trickle down effect for other areas. The role is absolutely much more than 'making things look pretty'. Our Visual Merchandising Market Leaders will be putting us to work very soon and you can bet your paycheck that it won't be about fluff, it is going to be about substance: reaction/branding/results.

In my past positions, I have always fought for attention/observation of management performance first, since it is the largest payroll sink in under-performing locations. The problem has never (in my experience) started with the part-time members. If the location isn't doing well, it is due to management. The many members of the 'smaller' positions are only as effective as they are trained, coached and motivated to be. I would rather have 4 part-time members who are trained and motivated to work, than another 40 hour payroll sink that is stretched thin from workloads and cannot finish any directives.

This site is a mess, I Knew I shouldn't have signed up, especially after a couple of glasses of red wine. How do I delete an account. ..

I have a question (off topic real quick): What is Steritech? I haven't heard this yet.

It's like the health/cleanliness type company. They check everything in detail. Like, too much dust on a shelf gets a bad mark, etc. It's way more than that, but I always just see them as walking around with clipboards being anal-retentive.

It's like the health/cleanliness type company. They check everything in detail. Like, too much dust on a shelf gets a bad mark, etc. It's way more than that, but I always just see them as walking around with clipboards being anal-retentive.

Ah thanks. I'll have to see if they are as anal-retentive than me. If not, they may need to use my own checklist the next time they are in. :p

Ah thanks. I'll have to see if they are as anal-retentive than me. If not, they may need to use my own checklist the next time they are in. :p

LOL I said that same thing when I was first told about them, and then I got reamed for dust in a locked cabinet, and I was like, "Uh, yeah, they win." They will dock you points for dirt in places that you didn't even know existed...

So much yes. I think working for them would be awesome. Plus the chance to nail stores on stuff you know they cheat on.

Ours used to cut me slack because I never lied to her. So even if I gave her the wrong answer she wouldn't count it against us if we promised to change by the next visit.

I have learned to Ninja Macgyver my way through a Steritech visit... Starting at the meat cooler anything wrong I through it into the right place without pulling, Anything questionable is thrown into a shopping cart and into a Fitting room (jk), but I have hid carts from him before. Particularly if I hadn't opened and walked right into a trap.

Last edited:
They have specific focus areas each round. And a set pattern to check on top of basic visual inspections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back