Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday somewhere I posted that I wanted out of my store and I still do but getting out is hard and if I'm here, I'd rather be a vml vs tm because bills... And healthcare. Plus it'll be better for my resume. So I'm gonna try.

Our HR told us every store is getting one but they will only be outside hires is this true?

I think I understood it as accepting internal apps, but the ideal candidate has a good amount of experiments merchandising and making their own product decisions. Think places like Anthropologie, maybe a J Crew or something. Most internals probably don't have tons of experience at the level it sounds like they want.

I think I understood it as accepting internal apps, but the ideal candidate has a good amount of experiments merchandising and making their own product decisions. Think places like Anthropologie, maybe a J Crew or something. Most internals probably don't have tons of experience at the level it sounds like they want.
I do, which is why I was sad we weren't getting it...but if we do, there's no-one internal with more experience that's not the pptl...more worried about fending off externals...

I do, which is why I was sad we weren't getting it...but if we do, there's no-one internal with more experience that's not the pptl...more worried about fending off externals...

My understanding was still every store is getting it - maybe your HR has lagged in posting it. Are there any other stores in your market you could check?

I'm still a bit confused on what the pay for the position is. Is there a defined guide that tells us what N15 or N17 pay roughly equates to? I've tried doing a search but it honestly seems like there's quite a lot of people with different info on the pay grades. If its N15, what does the pay put that in line with? Senior TL's?

It's listed at n17 at my store. Apparently also requires a degree (I have one but didn't realize it would be necessary) and a background check. My hr told me all that in a way that implied she thought I wouldn't fit those particular requirements.

What's up with the test in the interview process? Any Intel?

My understanding was still every store is getting it - maybe your HR has lagged in posting it. Are there any other stores in your market you could check?
Nearest is ulv. No etl-hr right now either, but the hrtm knows I know about it and I've told her I'll be following up till I can apply. I do not have a degree, but I could easily finish the credits for one, especially with a pay raise.

So, as a PA, let me get this right since VML, and VMBTMx2 (HL+SL) are coming to my store, does this mean I will no longer have to worry about PTM/D-Code etc?

I wonder how externals get this position because I heard its advertised on Targets career page, but when you go to apply and select stores etc that it's not listed under supervisory roles

So, as a PA, let me get this right since VML, and VMBTMx2 (HL+SL) are coming to my store, does this mean I will no longer have to worry about PTM/D-Code etc?
I wish! The core responsibility of the VM team is to maintain the brand of the tables, trend runs and gondolas that were set up in the Home Innovation remodel, and to maintain the brand of the softlines mannequins if your store has them.

But the exact interpretations of their roles will be up to your ETL-SF. My store has expanded the role of the Hardlines side to encompass maintaining the brand of the aisles and endcaps in the entire home area. But having them be responsible for all PTM and Disco is, in my opinion, a bit of a stretch goal.

I wish! The core responsibility of the VM team is to maintain the brand of the tables, trend runs and gondolas that were set up in the Home Innovation remodel, and to maintain the brand of the softlines mannequins if your store has them.

But the exact interpretations of their roles will be up to your ETL-SF. My store has expanded the role of the Hardlines side to encompass maintaining the brand of the aisles and endcaps in the entire home area. But having them be responsible for all PTM and Disco is, in my opinion, a bit of a stretch goal.

So "targetreasonable". What is the pay grade for the VMBTM anyone know? I feel like its responsibilities are exactly the same as a PA, but without the Steritech crap (half my job).

If were talking c/d ptm, or even a/b/c/d ptm but add in market, toys and seasonal/mini and you are on a heavy workload for even a team of people.

After searching not signed in (jas isn't loading mobile for me tonight) some of the higher traffic stores locally-ish have it listed. But do I want to drive almost an hour to be a tl?

Listing says hs diploma or equivalent...

After searching not signed in (jas isn't loading mobile for me tonight) some of the higher traffic stores locally-ish have it listed. But do I want to drive almost an hour to be a tl?

Listing says hs diploma or equivalent...

That makes more sense. My hr seemed iffy on all the deets, so either she didn't remember... Or she was trying to scare me away when she said the thing about degrees lol. I haven't looked at the listing yet. I need to just do it, because worst that can happen is a no.... And that's not even terrible. *goes to YouTube for motivational halftime speeches from sports movies*

Some of the sl team members know I'm gonna go for it and they support me and hope I get it haha and somehow that makes me feel less unworthy haha.

That makes more sense. My hr seemed iffy on all the deets, so either she didn't remember... Or she was trying to scare me away when she said the thing about degrees lol. I haven't looked at the listing yet. I need to just do it, because worst that can happen is a no.... And that's not even terrible. *goes to YouTube for motivational halftime speeches from sports movies*

Some of the sl team members know I'm gonna go for it and they support me and hope I get it haha and somehow that makes me feel less unworthy haha.
I have tms who were so pissed I got turned down for fa they have debated quitting if they shop me again...especially since the tl above then keeps rotating yearly and is never posted but hand picked.

I really want this position but I would have to give up my Sr spot to do it. On the other hand same pay grade and no LOD duties? Is it worth it in the long run? I feel like it would be a step backwards.

I read they are seeking individuals with backgrounds or degrees in Visual Merchandising, Interior Design, Style, or Fashion. Its not necessarily a requirement to have a degree but its their ideal candidate. Its not really a "TL" position as much as we are hiring "fashion experts" to decorate the parts of our store that won't be a "planogram" but required to work in the grey. They will have their own workcenter in MyTime that is 40 hours per week and only they can work in it.

I really want this position but I would have to give up my Sr spot to do it. On the other hand same pay grade and no LOD duties? Is it worth it in the long run? I feel like it would be a step backwards.
If you're looking to promote to ETL at any point, I would stick with senior. Way more chances to be global and flex your leadership muscles. If you're looking for an easier job though, VML is the way to go.

In association with this VML position, some stores are also getting more 'brand attendant' hours. I believe it's mostly for the upkeep of the mannequins.

Mannequin/mannequin rack upkeep is needed. Our mannequins deserve better. They all look like their parents dress them. The little boy one was wearing the wrong size joggers and they fit like leggings. Actually, the little girl's joggers were the wrong size too, tight and highwater. Some of em have shirts tucked in that shouldn't be tucked... In my opinion. I haven't bothered to check the mannequin booklet on the tucking issue. I just change stuff and hope the tm who does mannequins doesn't get mad about it.

Why not have an similar position for hardlines? 200 + sales plans would seem more task driven than VAs.

Why not have an similar position for hardlines? 200 + sales plans would seem more task driven than VAs.

Seems to me like the direction is that SLs is going to become less plannogramed/guided (ex., how adj. now only have the first two rows listed at all.) As a result, enter a position for merchandising.

What I don't understand is why this position is a pg 17 when it is clearly less responsibility then the price and presentation TL. And that position is a 13. I've read the job description it reads like it is just a sm part of the PPTL job a very sm part. I guess I'm just a little confused. I've been around a long time and to me this looks like another teamlead position that will be gone in a few years.

But the exact interpretations of their roles will be up to your ETL-SF.
If this is the case, at our store the position will include pushing food truck, working reshop and backstocking while meeting your other responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back