Archived W-2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also got an email with my W-2. I just finished filing my taxes with turbo tax. It was easier than I thought.

Filed and now I'm waiting on my Big Money

I can go back to Japan w/ this lol

Just a FYI to those claiming dependents and or the Earned income credits. The IRS is delaying those returns until mid February and won't be payed until the end of February in order to take more time to detect fraud.

How long does it take to get your money?
If you file now (which I normally do to get it out of the way, and also because I'm anxious to see what I'll be getting back), you'll be sitting around until the 23rd to see if your return was either accepted or rejected since that's when the IRS starts processing them this year. It typically takes about three weeks, if you e-filed, from when your return was received to when you actually get your refund. However, if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit this year, you won't get your refund until the end of February or the beginning of March. Then there's your state refund, which normally comes a little bit later. Well, it always has for me, anyway.

Also, when you get the email that says your return was accepted, you can use the Where's My Refund? site to track it.

Last edited:
People get state refunds? Lol, I always end up owing New York money.
It's never near as much as federal, but I've always gotten state back. Even if it's as low as $100. Other states might do things differently, though.

People get state refunds? Lol, I always end up owing New York money.
It's never near as much as federal, but I've always gotten state back. Even if it's as low as $100. Other states might do things differently, though.
I was shocked, last year California gave me back almost a whole $.63. Yes, that was sixty-three cents. I laughed so hard when I saw that check.

And I got the email about my W-2 on the 11th, but I have to wait for my 2nd job to snail-mail me the W-2 from them, so I have to wait for my (theoretical) return.

You might want to make sure your state version of the W-4 is filled out correctly.
I definitely filed them correctly I think. I think maybe they didn't withold a lot to begin with and they determined the rest I owed later on.

The same thing happened last year, and my dad helped me. I owed money.

I hate this w2 site lmao. apparently all my emails are saying "your w2 is ready" yet the site says it'll be ready on the 5th of feb.

I hate this w2 site lmao. apparently all my emails are saying "your w2 is ready" yet the site says it'll be ready on the 5th of feb.
That's weird. Isn't the deadline for when you're supposed to receive it at the end of January?

First time filing tax, but when you file as single they take money out your tax? It says current tax rate? Aren't they supposed to be giving money back? Lol

First time filing tax, but when you file as single they take money out your tax? It says current tax rate? Aren't they supposed to be giving money back? Lol
You file a W-4 when you are hired so Target knows how much to withhold from your paychecks. At the end of the year they send you a W-2 that shows how much you earned and how much they held back for taxes. When you file your tax return if you didn't have enough withheld, you will owe more money. If you had too much withheld, you get a refund.

Havnt worked at Target in at least a year, and I cant get to the paperless employee page, the link does not work for me. any advice?

Solved it and got my W2 but no matter what I did the site wasn't working, only thing I can think of is because I'm not in the states right now maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back