Archived Wage increase increments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m just curious as leadership at my store doesn’t honestly know, but I thought Target set the minimum wage to $12/hr back in spring of this year. My store still pays the $11/hr minimum and the cost of living in my area (New England) is very high. Anyone know when the changes to wages will take effect? I’d imagine at least $.50 every 6/8 months to reach $15/hr by the end of 2020. Not complaining, but just wondering out of curiosity since it’d be a little helpful with the plentiful hours they keep giving us at my store haha.

I don't know why ya'll worry about it so... it doesn't help a damn bit.

Just smile and wave, people... smile and wave!!!

giphy.gif

Yet still zilch in increased pay for tenured team members. The gap between TL and new TM gets smaller and smaller. Almost not worth the added accountability.
The gap is actually the same and will stay the same throughout the transition. The only thing that’s not changing is tenured TLs Pay but if you ask me I’m pretty sure this is Target’s way of pushing out the tenured people who probably wouldn’t be hired on in today’s market. We have a few TLs in my store they have been here forever that certainly would not make the cut nowadays

But - aren't they still working? They made the "cut?"
Yes but if you were to fire every TL in the building and hold interviews with all the same TLs there would be a few that would not make the cut. They should have been performanced out by now but that’s another story.

The gap is actually the same and will stay the same throughout the transition. The only thing that’s not changing is tenured TLs Pay but if you ask me I’m pretty sure this is Target’s way of pushing out the tenured people who probably wouldn’t be hired on in today’s market. We have a few TLs in my store they have been here forever that certainly would not make the cut nowadays

It is not the same. If everyone were getting a $1 increase you'd be correct.

No the gap is $4 dollars and will go up together until TMs are 15 and TLs are 19

You are speaking of only starting pay. I specifically said tenured people, for which there is no increases.

You must have missed an entire post. Go ahead and re read before posting

The one where you acknowledge no change for tenured people, then contradict yourself later to say that gap wouldn't be decreasing?

Any word on when the next increment would be? Currently at $12 here. I wonder if sometime this fall we'll go to $12.50 or $13. I guess it's all speculation at this point tho....

Still waiting for 40 year round......

Think I'm gonna be here a while boys

40 year round and gasoline will be $5.00 per gallon, milk $5.00 per gallon, bread about $4.00 per loaf, so its all relevant
and team member discount will be only 1 % , instead of the current 10%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back