wages

said this on another post, and I’ll say it again. When you give a new hire right off the street $2000 just because you need bodies, and in that same month give several 25 year $200 for their length of service, THATS JUST PLAIN WRONG. The message target sends is the long term are less valued than someone who has no training, no proven track record, and has had zero invested in them. The investment goes both ways, long term Tm has shown that they can come to work, do the job, and be counted on as a stable member of the team, therefore Target should reward accordingly, not at 10% of their current sign on bonus, given to someone that recent history shows won’t last a year.

Ah yes. You contemplate this while driving to work from your home on which you pay mandated taxes, in your car which you must have your mandated driver's license to operate, wearing your mandated uniform of red and khaki, at the mandated time they placed on the schedule for you to come in.

But you bend to no one.
None of those are injected into your body.

said this on another post, and I’ll say it again. When you give a new hire right off the street $2000 just because you need bodies, and in that same month give several 25 year $200 for their length of service, THATS JUST PLAIN WRONG. The message target sends is the long term are less valued than someone who has no training, no proven track record, and has had zero invested in them. The investment goes both ways, long term Tm has shown that they can come to work, do the job, and be counted on as a stable member of the team, therefore Target should reward accordingly, not at 10% of their current sign on bonus, given to someone that recent history shows won’t last a year.
I assume DCs are doing sign on bonus? I have no clue about anything to do with a distribution center so I can't speak if experience matters or not. The only thing I know is they like to stack pallets of pet food on top of TVs laying on their sides and pallets of water on top of paper towels.

Fortunately Target is actually doing anything to your body. They're just choosing to fire you based on your decision.
Target isn't doing anything to my body and they are not mandating the vaccine so I am confused by your response. Having a driver's license is a law and so is paying taxes and I'm fine wearing a red shirt to work because I can take it off when I get home. I can not take a vaccine out of my body when I am done working. We can have a different discussion if they ever mandate it.

Target isn't doing anything to my body and they are not mandating the vaccine so I am confused by your response. Having a driver's license is a law and so is paying taxes and I'm fine wearing a red shirt to work because I can take it off when I get home. I can not take a vaccine out of my body when I am done working. We can have a different discussion if they ever mandate it.

f4dXhpD.gif

We've gotten completely off track from the original topic.
There is a thread to talk about vaccines and it ain't this one.

If you're barely eking out an existence I feel sorry for you and no one is going to hand you a better existence. People rise up and overcome their situations all the time and it's by working hard, not by complaining your billion dollar corporation isnt paying you enough. If you are pissed that Brian Cornell makes so much money then why don't you take his job?
This guy is 100% trolling here.

Target can very much afford to pay more. All big box retail stores can. They choose not to. They choose to line the pockets of the top 1% and investors. This is not unique to Target. Just look at other companies like Amazon. That trickle down isn't working. The rich are getting richer on the backs of the little people. That's the world we live in, unfortunately. It sucks and should change. People ARE working to make that change. Billionaires should not exist. With current events people are realizing their worth and demanding better. It's why people are job hopping so much. People who have been at jobs 10 plus years are making less than the new hires. I saw it at my previous job and it's one of the reasons I left. New hires ARE getting better pay because things are changing. More people need to switch companies. It's the only way right now to demand more pay. When the newbies start to make more than the seasoned employees it's time to jump ship. Your next employer will likely pay you more.

In case anyone is wondering who Dan Price is, he is the CEO of Gravity a very successful credit card processing company.
Part of that success was him giving everyone works there a minimum wage of $70,000 and cutting his own salary from $1.1 million to $70,000 to help fund it.
He has some pretty based takes on running companies.

240506478_379494770201760_4611857733881303683_n.jpg

Just out of curiosity, I looked on greenfield at my department's sales and hours for the year so far.. revenue per labor hour is $340, per task hour is $523. Not sure what kind of profit margin we're looking at, but I don't think pushing cost of labor up past 15 is going to do much to hurt that, particularly if it's focused on TMs who have been around longer and are more experienced or who are hard workers.

The higher up the chain you go, the more money you make, and with that money comes responsibility, stress, pressure and headaches that I don't want. Does anyone here think it is easy to be the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation? I don't want Brian Cornell's job.

The higher up the chain you go, the more money you make, and with that money comes responsibility, stress, pressure and headaches that I don't want. Does anyone here think it is easy to be the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation? I don't want Brian Cornell's job.
Exactly, if you work for Dan Price who ever will take on more responsibility if everyone gets paid the same? I don't want Brian Cornells job, although the money is nice I'm sure it's alot of long days and nights. Even BC has something to work towards, he is motivated by a giant bonus and stock options. His base salary was 1.4 million the rest was based off performance of the company.

Last edited:
Exactly, if you work for Dan Price who ever will take on more responsibility if everyone gets paid the same? I don't want Brian Cornells job, although the money is nice I'm sure it's alot of long days and nights. Even BC has something to work towards, he is motivated by a giant bonus and stock options. His base salary was 1.4 million the rest was based off performance of the company.

Some people quit working for Me. Price initially, like two I think.
The rest are so happy working there they bought him a Tesla for his birthday.
Imagine working some place where you have enough disposable income to chip in the amount needed for a Tesla.
They do get raises and everyone is involved in the process for figuring out what those will be.
Can you imagine being able to decide what kind of raise you will get?

Last edited:
Billionaires should not exist.
why ? At what point do you think someone should stop getting paid for their efforts ?
Is success bad ?
Should sports teams be limited how many wins they can have ?
People who have been at jobs 10 plus years are making less than the new hires.
not at Target - we work for Target. Target raised the pay of EVERYONE under 15. TO 15. - no matter what the difference was, Large or small.

So a Tm that over many years had terrible reviews and earned Little to no raise - all of a sudden was given the SAME pay as the tm that got better reviews and raises along the way as long as they were both under 15. 13.50 AND 14.90 BOTH went to 15. Lucky for the poor performer with a bad attendance.

why ? At what point do you think someone should stop getting paid for their efforts ?
Is success bad ?

not at Target - we work for Target. Target raised the pay of EVERYONE under 15. TO 15. - no matter what the difference was, Large or small.

So a Tm that over many years had terrible reviews and earned Little to no raise - all of a sudden was given the SAME pay as the tm that got better reviews and raises along the way as long as they were both under 15. 13.50 AND 14.90 BOTH went to 15. Lucky for the poor performer with a bad attendance.

Billionaires aren't making money from getting paid.
It may have started that way when they were millionaires but a billionaire is using money to make money.
They pay people to help them not pay any taxes, they find the best ways to invest their money so it makes more money, and do fuck all to earn it.
Having your money make money is supposed to be the dream of the capitalisms but only a small number of people can do it on that scale.

If you have played GTA you know that the jobs aren't how you get rich.
You buy nightclubs, weed shops, warehouses, etc. so that they generate passive income for you.
You don't have to work for it, just check in and collect.
After a while you can do jobs when you want to, not because you have to.
GTA understands the capitalisms.

The time when this country was most successful and grew the most was during the 50's and early 60's when the tax rate for millionaires was 80% and above.
They still had ways of hiding their money, because the rich always do, but they paid their fair share.
We need to go back to that.

Is success bad ?
You're comparing completely unrelated things.

The idea that one person's effort can be worth billions of dollars and that another person's can be worth $15/hr is completely asinine. There is nothing Brian is doing to make an hour of his time roughly equivalent to literally thousands of his employees working full shifts. It's just not possible to do that much.

You can always spot the place where basic logic and reason breaks in terms of compensation by the sizes of the gaps. TM to TL is around $4/hr. TL to ETL is around $20k/yr. ETL to SD is like double that. Eventually though these things stop coming in doubles and start coming in exponentially higher rates and that is the place the system fails.

If you'd like to keep licking boots though by all means do you, I don't kink shame.

I assume DCs are doing sign on bonus? I have no clue about anything to do with a distribution center so I can't speak if experience matters or not. The only thing I know is they like to stack pallets of pet food on top of TVs laying on their sides and pallets of water on top of paper towels.
Or 1/2 gallon cases of juices on top of tomatoes.

Pay Transparency has been a topic being discussed quite a bit over the past couple of years. Other than public-sector or public-regulated firms, only a tiny number of companies publish the pay ranges for their jobs. Pay transparency not only means letting the job seeker or employee know the current pay range for their position, but some idea of what others in their position range are actually being paid. I don't see Target addressing this issue.
What Is Pay Transparency and What Are the Benefits?
The case for pay transparency

So you think Target should be paying a 16 year old $25 an hour?

What you are talking about isn't realistic, Target would have to raise the price of every single item they sell significantly.

Also in my store that does $25 million a year that would be over $3.5 million in payroll on just hourly team members.
Or corporate could sacrifice some of their $100,000s that board members and ceo's rake in. Just sayin', if you guys are going to take that approach then let's be real about it. Fact is, 90% of them wouldn't have a clue on how to do our jobs. Not to mention the fact that we make the stores run. Literally. Appreciate the people breaking their backs for you. I'm not saying a 16 yr old starting out needs $25/hr but some of us, like with families, do.

I don't know why age would matter. If they're doing the same job, they should be getting paid the same amount.

We already know they can afford to pay their employees more because they did, with hazard pay, and still managed to achieve record profits.
Someone that has been with target for 10 years should be paid the same as someone hired last year doing the same job?

Back