Walkie range extenders

Does Spot have range extensors that they use for walkies or not? My store is in remodel for the front end and has limited range outside. The dumpsters are just outside the range.

Walkies are an analog medium, they do not have range extenders. If you want longer distance you use more powerful walkies and/or a beefier antenna on the receiving end. If you had a walkie that has lost its antenna sheeth youll could easily wire it into a much longer antenna. If it helps to keep a walkie in the tent all the time then it may be worth it to mod a walkie.

Don’t know if all walkies have the same range but, had a team mate go to chick-fil-a for lunch and said he could hear everything loud and clear on the walkie. Chick-fil-a is on the other side of our parking lot.

Don’t know if all walkies have the same range but, had a team mate go to chick-fil-a for lunch and said he could hear everything loud and clear on the walkie. Chick-fil-a is on the other side of our parking lot.
I’d assume this depends by store. You get audible distortion when you leave the parking lot but still can hear pretty clear. Also, do we all just have CFAs next to our store lol. My store and our sister store both have them lollll.

I’d assume this depends by store. You get audible distortion when you leave the parking lot but still can hear pretty clear. Also, do we all just have CFAs next to our store lol. My store and our sister store both have them lollll.
We have CFA, Wendy’s, and Taco Bell.

Does Spot have range extensors that they use for walkies or not? My store is in remodel for the front end and has limited range outside. The dumpsters are just outside the range.
Even if you wanted to add them, that's not a store-level decision. Architects do planning with the Real Estate vendor based on sq footage of the store and parking lot to place radio repeaters/base stations.

Even if you wanted to add them, that's not a store-level decision. Architects do planning with the Real Estate vendor based on sq footage of the store and parking lot to place radio repeaters/base stations.
It’s not like a wifi range extender?

Like I said, there are no extenders for analog devices. Wifi extenders technical name is a repeater, they repeat all packets and devices will either connect to the repeater or the main base station, but not both. And wifi will never get confused from chatter from other units on the same frequency.
An analog device like a walkie outputs anything and everything it hears on a frequencies. Any kind of repeater would just cause an echo to be heard. If you want more range, you get more antenna. More power.

In our store, the walkies do pick up fairly well in the parking lot.
FYI "digital" devices tend to have less dependable reception. There either is enough clean signal to work, or there isn't. It's called the "digital cliff". Target still uses analog transmission, like today's CB radio, walkie talkies, and broadcast AM and FM radio. (By comparison, over-the-air television almost entirely switched to digital transmission back in 2009). When an analog signal gets weak, reception gets noisier and distorted, but the signal loss is gradual, not a sudden abrupt "digital cliff".

A bit more info regarding our store's walkies: Transceiver Review: What Frequency Do Walkie Talkies Use: A Brief Guide

The walkies really don't care if you are in a parking lot, it cares how far you are between the person talking. If you are the cart attendant and your front end is trying to summon you, crystal clear. If guest service needs a flat bed for damages... no problem. If electronics calls from the back of the store cause he needs a tv carry? get f*@ked. ;)

I accidentally took a walkie home once. I found out when I was down the road a little bit and heard the Closing TLs voice. That was a shock LOL

I accidentally took a walkie home once. I found out when I was down the road a little bit and heard the Closing TLs voice. That was a shock LOL
I take them home a lot, lol! Our range cuts out once you get out of the parking lot - by the time you hit the street it's mostly just static.

Back