Archived Walkie use

Status
Not open for further replies.
"re you on walkie??" is how you will sound if you begin speaking straight away. It takes a moment for the walkie to make a connection to the repeaters in the building before it can transmit which is why you'll hear many go "Heeeeeeyyyyyyy Hardlines are you on Walkie?" If you need to respond simply hold the button and speak into the unit in a normal voice "Heeeeey go for me/hardlines/soflines/backroom" etc. If you're looking for something just ask "heeeeyyyy which aisle should a guest be able to find laxative suppositories?" (seriously: call it digestive relief or something kinder). If you require a longer convo, ask for the dept "Heeeeeey softlines" then ask them to switch to another channel "heeeeey switch to 3 please" or 4 or whatever. They should respond with "Switching". Immediately switch then wait for their response.

Please don't use the walkie from your belt as we'll rarely be able to make out what you are saying. I suggest grabbing a seasoned TM on your next shift and asking them to show you how to use the walkie as example. If you goof up we'll just poke fun at you ... over the walkie. That's how you know you are accepted by the pack, by the way.

I was monitoring SCO the other day when someone decided they didn't want like 8 things of sausage so I was going to ask market to grab it but i had never spoken on the walkie before, just have had it on me and I got so nervous I rehearsed saying "market do you copy" in my head for like 45 mins and then decided I couldn't do it lmaoo I also have issues talking on the phone like I get so nervous I can't do it maybe I have like voice dysmorphia or something

I was monitoring SCO the other day when someone decided they didn't want like 8 things of sausage so I was going to ask market to grab it but i had never spoken on the walkie before, just have had it on me and I got so nervous I rehearsed saying "market do you copy" in my head for like 45 mins and then decided I couldn't do it lmaoo I also have issues talking on the phone like I get so nervous I can't do it maybe I have like voice dysmorphia or something
FWIW at my store that goes to GS to get defected-- once something comes out of the fridge and up to the front, it can't go back in

Yep, there was a whole thread on out-of-temp foods & whether to QMOS something out even if it still 'felt cold'.

We lost all our fruits, yogurt, eggs/bacon and also the salad and meat run, as well as the milk wall last year. Lost over $20k in product. The insurance also covers the labor to handle the chaos (clearing shelves and trashing it all and restocking when it comes in on a full size FDC truck lol)

Your store is gonna give a guest food poisoning.

Most likely. The whole store is lawsuit waiting to happen. We had a problem with the fire system not working for 6 months and the STL did nothing.. and we got two fines worth thousands of dollars..

And I almost got busted working in food ave by steritech by covering a break without a food handlers.

Just slip them a twenty...

aaf_shifty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back