Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for the starters the people here aren't my team, so not caring about my team doesn't affect anyone here.

I only show up to work to make money, no one in my store is a factor in that. I care about my check, but that's the extant of caring. If my family decided to hold a big event to Christmas eve, I'd totally try to find cover but whether I did or not wouldn't affect me calling out. That's not my problem. It's Targets for not training more people

Besides, my position isn't even that big of a deal if I'm not there in retrospect. I'm a Closing BRTM, at the worst, no last minute shoppers will their item pulled from the steel.

Tough shit, you had an entire year to get it done,
What a great attitude. I hope it takes you far.

Well for the starters the people here aren't my team, so not caring about my team doesn't affect anyone here.

I only show up to work to make money, no one in my store is a factor in that. I care about my check, but that's the extant of caring. If my family decided to hold a big event to Christmas eve, I'd totally try to find cover but whether I did or not wouldn't affect me calling out. That's not my problem. It's Targets for not training more people

Besides, my position isn't even that big of a deal if I'm not there in retrospect. I'm a Closing BRTM, at the worst, no last minute shoppers will their item pulled from the steel.

Tough shit, you had an entire year to get it done,

I'm not sure what your point is. Your reason for working at Target is not the same as everyone else's. So...good for you? I applaud your introspective?

So what was the point of your comment

To tell you that I don't get your point. You originally where trying to say that no one cares about their other workers, to which I replied that most people still show up for their shift...which sort of goes against your theory. Then, your only evidence was your personal reasons for working.

caring. If my family decided to hold a big event to Christmas eve, I'd totally try to find cover but whether I did or not wouldn't affect me calling out. That's not my problem. It's Targets for not training more people

When you give your availability and you get scheduled within your availability it is your problem.

Request the day off if you cant work. Just calling out is lame.

Btw your selfishness and entitlement are off the charts...

When you give your availability and you get scheduled within your availability it is your problem.

All he's really saying, is that he's very replaceable. Everyone is replaceable...but he's the most replaceable.

To tell you that I don't get your point. You originally where trying to say that no one cares about their other workers, to which I replied that most people still show up for their shift...which sort of goes against your theory. Then, your only evidence was your personal reasons for working.
It's almost everyones reason. Most people are working because or their check, not because it'll inconvenience someone if they call out. It's why most people quit their jobs when they win the lottery. Because they don't need to work and that trumps caring about random coworkers.

My store won't let me request off on that day. The other brtm always visits his dad on Christmas Eve but this year they scheduled him to work because you can't request off

I open that day and I totally understand him calling out. Because he has more important things to do in his opinion than worrying about random tms.

It's almost everyones reason. Most people are working because or their check, not because it'll inconvenience someone if they call out. It's why most people quit their jobs when they win the lottery. Because they don't need to work and that trumps caring about random coworkers.

There's literally no way for you to know that. You're taking your own feelings, and treating them as the norm. In other words, you're biased. Logically speaking, people work for more than one reason. Ultimately, of course money is the number one priority, but that does not mean that people also don't take pride in their work, and care about what happens there day to day.

There's literally no way for you to know that. You're taking your own feelings, and treating them as the norm. In other words, you're biased. Logically speaking, people work for more than one reason. Ultimately, of course money is the number one priority, but that does not mean that people also don't take pride in their work, and care about what happens there day to day.
Well it's fine to believe that but I live in the real world were people would never choose being a cashier or lowly box stocker over more interesting jobs if they had enough money

Well it's fine to believe that but I live in the real world were people would never choose being a cashier or lowly box stocker over more interesting jobs if they had enough money

No, you live in your word, where you think you're the only person in the world with such an enlightened world view.

So if every cashier in the won the lottery, enough to be life changing you think they would still work cashier?

You're missing the point. I told you that ultimately, this job is about money, so of course, if a better chance comes along, people leave. That doesn't mean they have total apathy for their coworkers. This site is literally proof of that. Every time some dumbass comes into work sick, despite having sick hours is proof of that.

Look, I know depression sucks, but try not to let it give you such terrible tunnel vision. If you're seriously going to choose to be that myopic, then why even bother doing anything? Everything ends in death anyway, why work?

You're missing the point. I told you that ultimately, this job is about money, so of course, if a better chance comes along, people leave. That doesn't mean they have total apathy for their coworkers. This site is literally proof of that. Every time some dumbass comes into work sick, despite having sick hours is proof of that.

Look, I know depression sucks, but try not to let it give you such terrible tunnel vision. If you're seriously going to choose to be that myopic, then why even bother doing anything? Everything ends in death anyway, why work?
Lol I don't have depression. I never said I hate my coworkers. I just don't care if I call out. If they choose to work harder that on then. I do the same amount of work when another brtm calls out. Nothing more, nothing less

Lol I don't have depression. I never said I hate my coworkers. I just don't care if I call out. If they choose to work harder that on then. I do the same amount of work when another brtm calls out. Nothing more, nothing less

Acceptance is the first step, buddy. If you're trying to be some funny sarcastic pessimist, I suggest you write some better material, because based on most of your posts here, it's been way too easy to poke holes in your opinions. Yeah yeah, you hate your job, you've made poor choices that you regret. Not everyone has the same amount of apathy as you do. How that's even up for debate is ridiculous because the core of that idea is everyone having the same attitude and intent based on your own personal struggles. You might as well just condense all your posts into, "Pff, Mondays, amirite?" Except you take that way too seriously, and miss the joke. Please, your lack of satire is boring.

Lol you're thinking way to hard about this. I don't care if I call out = Despression?

Get real kid. You can't poke holes in opinion because they aren't facts

Please be aware that hours can vary by state, so double check before heading out.

Babies ‘R’ Us/ Toys ‘R’ Us:

Open 6 A.M.-2 A.M. from Super Saturday (December 19)- Tuesday, December 22. Open 24 hours from 6 A.M. Wednesday, December 23 until 9 P.M. on Christmas Eve.

Best Buy:

Open now through Christmas Eve until 11 P.M.

Open Christmas Eve until 9 P.M.

JC Penney:

Stores open Sunday-Friday: 9 A.M.-midnight (8 A.M. on weekends); open Christmas Eve until 6 P.M. EST.

Kmart:

Now through Christmas Eve: open 8 A.M.- midnight; open on Christmas Eve until 10 P.M. EST.

Kohl’s:

Open 24 hours from December 20 – Christmas Eve at 6 P.M.

Macy’s:

Open 7 A.M.-midnight on Friday, December 16 and Super Saturday (December 17). Open 24 hours on Monday, December, 22 and Tuesday, December 23.

Open Christmas Eve until 6 P.M.

Sam’s Club:

Monday-Friday: 10 A.M.-8:30 P.M., Saturday: 9 A.M.-6:30 P.M., Sunday: 10 A.M.- 6 P.M.

Target:

Open 8 A.M.- midnight now through Christmas Eve. Open Christmas Eve: 9 A.M.-11 P.M.

Walmart:

Open 24-hours until Christmas Eve. Pharmacy: Monday-Friday: 9 A.M.-9 P.M., Saturday: 9 A.M.-7 P.M., Sunday 10 A.M.-6 P.M.

And guess what you have a lowly job like the rest of us so maybe thats why you are so miserable.

Please be aware that hours can vary by state, so double check before heading out.

Babies ‘R’ Us/ Toys ‘R’ Us:

Open 6 A.M.-2 A.M. from Super Saturday (December 19)- Tuesday, December 22. Open 24 hours from 6 A.M. Wednesday, December 23 until 9 P.M. on Christmas Eve.

Best Buy:

Open now through Christmas Eve until 11 P.M.

Open Christmas Eve until 9 P.M.

JC Penney:

Stores open Sunday-Friday: 9 A.M.-midnight (8 A.M. on weekends); open Christmas Eve until 6 P.M. EST.

Kmart:

Now through Christmas Eve: open 8 A.M.- midnight; open on Christmas Eve until 10 P.M. EST.

Kohl’s:

Open 24 hours from December 20 – Christmas Eve at 6 P.M.

Macy’s:

Open 7 A.M.-midnight on Friday, December 16 and Super Saturday (December 17). Open 24 hours on Monday, December, 22 and Tuesday, December 23.

Open Christmas Eve until 6 P.M.

Sam’s Club:

Monday-Friday: 10 A.M.-8:30 P.M., Saturday: 9 A.M.-6:30 P.M., Sunday: 10 A.M.- 6 P.M.

Target:

Open 8 A.M.- midnight now through Christmas Eve. Open Christmas Eve: 9 A.M.-11 P.M.

Walmart:

Open 24-hours until Christmas Eve. Pharmacy: Monday-Friday: 9 A.M.-9 P.M., Saturday: 9 A.M.-7 P.M., Sunday 10 A.M.-6 P.M.
Some stores were a 24 hours open from Black Friday to Christmas. Online sales must of killed it.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back