Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'll get bashed for this but....

If your reasoning for not working late on Christmas Eve is that you need to see your family, then you need to see your family more often than 1 day a year.

I don't know about other families, but mine gets together several times a year. It seems pretty sad to me that this is the excuse people are using. If you don't want to work holidays, might I suggest another line of work for you?

I understand your reasoning here but, it doesn't always work that way for many families. My family (particularly extended family), for example, only gets together on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. So if I'm working those days, I do miss out on seeing many members of my family. The fact is that the vast majority of Americans have Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. off so it is a real burden when someone has to work then, because those are the days everyone else will be home. My uncle and aunt visit once a year at about the 23rd and leave the day after Christmas, so having to work late on Xmas Eve means lost time.

as I said earlier our store was basically dead after 830 and the shoppers who were there were Indians/Chinese and the stereotypical Walmart shopper who we never normally see in our suburban store..going to be interesting to hear the sales $$ for Christmas Eve ..not sure our Christmas Eve shoppers had the same buying power ($$$) as the folks we have seen the day before and all the previous days prior ....
our bean counters I think loss on this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back