Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a news posting online about Walmart and how it is pushing for more online orders to be picked up in store. Also in the posting, Walmart will be closing at 6pm Christmas Eve, two hours earlier than last year. Come on Target, no need to be open til 11pm.
Ugh I wish we did this. I work until 8:30 Christmas Eve. I won't be able to do anything with family

Just saw a news posting online about Walmart and how it is pushing for more online orders to be picked up in store. Also in the posting, Walmart will be closing at 6pm Christmas Eve, two hours earlier than last year. Come on Target, no need to be open til 11pm.

Nope, this will just be an incentive for Target to stay open later since they'll still be the only big box store open to finish your x-mas shopping. $$$

I'll be missing midnight mass as our store is open till midnight.

I don't GAS.

Fuck the holidays.

ourHaOw.gif

I get to close Christmas Eve for the 2nd year in a row. So not happy. No one else stays open that late. I remember last year guests would say, "I can't believe you are open so late...that's just terrible...I hope you get to go home soon...why are you still open...no one should have to work on Christmas Eve" and I looked at one of them and said, "ah yes, but here you are."

Greed. Pure and simple.

Last edited:
I'll be closing Christmas Eve for probably the 7th year in a row, I think. No big deal. But on topic, there are still a shit ton of people in the store at closing, so it makes sense to stay open late. We always have to turn people away, and some will lie and say they just need to use the restroom and then go buy stuff.

Most of us prefer NOT to screw our team over.
I constantly want to call out, because of the schedule and bullshit i am put through. However, i would feel like a douche towards my co-workers where i am having to keep them later and later and work harder & harder. Yes it is there job, but it is also my job / your job to show up. It is bullshit what you/we have to go through, but it is more b/s to call out on your coworkers and your friends

Most of us prefer NOT to screw our team over.
Actually most of us don't care. If there was some way you access your on the computer to call out without no repercussions they call our rates would rise

Oh thank you sweet baby jesus I have Xmas eve off. It is a jungle of MADNESS every year after Walmart closes up for the night. I cant even imagine the CRAZIES who are going to be coming into target for FIVE!!!!! Hours now until we close. Every year we have to basically take our boot and kick guests out the door at closing since we are LITERALLY the only store open in the entire city by 8 or 9

Last edited:
Actually most of us don't care. If there was some way you access your on the computer to call out without no repercussions they call our rates would rise

And hopefully leadership would promptly decrease hours for those people to the point of forcing them to quit :)

If you dont want to work you are welcome to find another place to earn an income instead of screwing over everyone who is an ACTUAL adult and responsible

Question:
If you care so little for the job and the team...why make an account on this site? I don't understand. It seems to me that you do have to care a bit to do so.

If it means that much to you, then offer to pay them to take your shift. We did that all the time in the Navy. Spot/Navy doesn't care who the person is as long as they're qualified to do the job.

Question:
If you care so little for the job and the team...why make an account on this site? I don't understand. It seems to me that you do have to care a bit to do so.
Well for the starters the people here aren't my team, so not caring about my team doesn't affect anyone here.

Yeah, most don't care. Yet most still show up for their shift for some reason. Interesting.
I only show up to work to make money, no one in my store is a factor in that. I care about my check, but that's the extant of caring. If my family decided to hold a big event to Christmas eve, I'd totally try to find cover but whether I did or not wouldn't affect me calling out. That's not my problem. It's Targets for not training more people

Besides, my position isn't even that big of a deal if I'm not there in retrospect. I'm a Closing BRTM, at the worst, no last minute shoppers will their item pulled from the steel.

Tough shit, you had an entire year to get it done,

Well for the starters the people here aren't my team, so not caring about my team doesn't affect anyone here.

I only show up to work to make money, no one in my store is a factor in that. I care about my check, but that's the extant of caring. If my family decided to hold a big event to Christmas eve, I'd totally try to find cover but whether I did or not wouldn't affect me calling out. That's not my problem. It's Targets for not training more people

Besides, my position isn't even that big of a deal if I'm not there in retrospect. I'm a Closing BRTM, at the worst, no last minute shoppers will their item pulled from the steel.

Tough shit, you had an entire year to get it done,
I would love working on the same team as you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back