Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you're thinking way to hard about this. I don't care if I call out = Despression?

Get real kid. You can't poke holes in opinion because they aren't facts

Depression, autism, I have no clue what your issue is. I just took a wild guess for the sake of the post. I'd like to respectfully tell you that your opinions are retarded. In my opinion, that's just my opinion. Opinions!

I'll have to check tomorrow but I swear the holiday hours sticky on the front door of my store said we are open until 5pm on Christmas Eve...

Woah, now who sounds like the dick lmao

latest

Will there be a Monday ad set?

Yep. I am in at 4am day after Christmas to do it. I can't wait to see the hell hole that is my store after being bombarded with the dregs of society for hours on end on Christmas Eve. Should be quite the spectacle.

Yep. I am in at 4am day after Christmas to do it. I can't wait to see the hell hole that is my store after being bombarded with the dregs of society for hours on end on Christmas Eve. Should be quite the spectacle.
I am off on that Monday:)

Hopefully Christmas at yours isn't like mine was last year! Rumor went around the sales floor that a "zone team" would be in early the day after the holiday, so they just slacked off all night (relayed by the one person who didn't). "Zone team" ended up being flow trying to fix the store and finish gobacks while pushing a double. :rolleyes:

Ya I come in Monday to do Ad as well after getting of Thursday at midnight and having 3 days off...cant wait to see my store

Depression, autism, I have no clue what your issue is. I just took a wild guess for the sake of the post. I'd like to respectfully tell you that your opinions are retarded. In my opinion, that's just my opinion. Opinions!

"respectfully" using the word "retarded" to offend another person... Heavy. deep sigh from the parent of a cognitively disabled person.... (Off topic, I know. Sorry not sorry)

"respectfully" using the word "retarded" to offend another person... Heavy. deep sigh from the parent of a cognitively disabled person.... (Off topic, I know. Sorry not sorry)

As someone who works with people who have disabilities I feel your pain.
Words have power and using the right ones can make a difference.
This isn't a case of "PC", it's being aware of other people and expanding your vocabulary both good things.

Here is a great list of alternatives to retarded many that have more punch.

1. Dumb
2.Stupid
3. Bad
4. Dull
5. Clown
6. Doofus
7. Dork
8. Jerk
9. Loser
10. Brainless
11. Clueless
12. Dim
13. Foolish
14. Absurd
15. Childish
16. Goofy
17. Sophomoric
18. Immature
19. Pointless
20. Ridiculous
21. Trivial
22. Unreasonable
23. Gullible
24. Hopeless
25. Ignorant
26. Irrational
27. Naïve
28. Useless
29. Buffoon
30. Dork
31. Airhead
32. Senseless
33. Bozo
34. Uninformed
35. Heedless

35 Words to Use Instead of the R-Word

Back to topic....

Yeah, retard is an actual word with other meanings. The fact that it was ever used to refer to someone with actual mental disabilities is what's bad. I don't associate the term like that. So fuck you for thinking I have some greater agenda to shit on the mentally challenged.

As someone who works with people who have disabilities I feel your pain.
Words have power and using the right ones can make a difference.
This isn't a case of "PC", it's being aware of other people and expanding your vocabulary both good things.

Here is a great list of alternatives to retarded many that have more punch.

1. Dumb
2.Stupid
3. Bad
4. Dull
5. Clown
6. Doofus
7. Dork
8. Jerk
9. Loser
10. Brainless
11. Clueless
12. Dim
13. Foolish
14. Absurd
15. Childish
16. Goofy
17. Sophomoric
18. Immature
19. Pointless
20. Ridiculous
21. Trivial
22. Unreasonable
23. Gullible
24. Hopeless
25. Ignorant
26. Irrational
27. Naïve
28. Useless
29. Buffoon
30. Dork
31. Airhead
32. Senseless
33. Bozo
34. Uninformed
35. Heedless

35 Words to Use Instead of the R-Word

Back to topic....

As a person who says "As a person who" in order to sound like some sort of authority on things...consider this.

First, let's start with the actual history of the word and how it came to be. Retard (pejorative) - Wikipedia

Did you notice all the words that were used BEFORE "retard" came to be? Retard was supposed to become the new medical term, since it's an actual word with an actual meaning (slow and delayed) but, just like the terms before it, it turned into an insult. Rightfully so if you ask me. The word "retard" meaning slow and delayed is a terrible term to use for the mentally disabled, because medically speaking, it does not explain the mechanism of their illness. Instead it defines them by their symptoms in a grossly simplistic way. Regardless if the word ever because an insult, it was inevitably going to be replaced, or we should all hope so.

In modern day, it is now unrelated to those with mental disabilities. Suggesting the word "retard" is mocking those with mental disabilities, you're basically saying that people with mental disabilities are "retarded." That's fucking disgusting, and shame on you.

Any sensible adult should be able to tell the fucking difference between someone using the word as an insult, than make some fucking hair-brained connection for when it was briefly and inaccurately used to refer to the mentally disabled. But like it or not, retard still means what it means. Your list of synonyms are nothing but "other r-words" as far as I'm concerned. I will never ever stop using the word where I see appropriate. I'm not going to limit my vocabulary by ignoring other words, but, that includes retard.

As a person who says "As a person who" in order to sound like some sort of authority on things...consider this.

First, let's start with the actual history of the word and how it came to be. Retard (pejorative) - Wikipedia

Did you notice all the words that were used BEFORE "retard" came to be? Retard was supposed to become the new medical term, since it's an actual word with an actual meaning (slow and delayed) but, just like the terms before it, it turned into an insult. Rightfully so if you ask me. The word "retard" meaning slow and delayed is a terrible term to use for the mentally disabled, because medically speaking, it does not explain the mechanism of their illness. Instead it defines them by their symptoms in a grossly simplistic way. Regardless if the word ever because an insult, it was inevitably going to be replaced, or we should all hope so.

In modern day, it is now unrelated to those with mental disabilities. Suggesting the word "retard" is mocking those with mental disabilities, you're basically saying that people with mental disabilities are "retarded." That's fucking disgusting, and shame on you.

Any sensible adult should be able to tell the fucking difference between someone using the word as an insult, than make some fucking hair-brained connection for when it was briefly and inaccurately used to refer to the mentally disabled. But like it or not, retard still means what it means. Your list of synonyms are nothing but "other r-words" as far as I'm concerned. I will never ever stop using the word where I see appropriate. I'm not going to limit my vocabulary by ignoring other words, but, that includes retard.
Cry more kid

Cry more kid

Oh brother. You're upset because I called you stupid. Not because you're offended on behalf of the mentally disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back