Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine I was hoping you would apologize for your condescending tone. You are better than that.

Pffffffff no. But appreciate that you think that.

Last edited:
Until it hits your house; then it's not so comical.
I've seen kids snicker & point at my son's antics.
He doesn't know he's been made fun of or laughed at but I do.
I have a low opinion of people who would make fun of someone mentally disabled who wouldn't be able to stand up for themselves.
It seems like the very reason they would do it: they know the person wouldn't confront them for it.
My husband & I walked out of a car dealership after listening to several of the sales staff referring to a service shop worker as 'Short Bus'.
Tho I suspected why they called him that - he seemed mildly mentally-challenged - I asked the salesman why they called him that.
He smiled as he told me about it.
Then I pointed out my son sitting in a car on the showroom floor, flapping his hands & rocking; I wasn't smiling.
Then we walked out.
I hear you and know where you are coming from.

I love that so much, I'm going to stop responding to you with cliche quotes!
That's why you are stuck as a tm at the service desk. You had complained your weight, politics, buying a car, wanting to be gstl, etc. you might want to start listening now to others, because 20 years from now, you might have family member who may be challegened, too.

Last edited:
That's why you are stuck as a tm at the service desk. You had complained your weight, politics, buying a car, wanting to be gstl, etc. you might want to start listening now to others, because 20 years from now, you might have family member who may be challegened, too.

Okay, Dr. Phil. Way to connect the dots between a bunch of random ass variables.

Just amazed at how insecure you are. I mean I thought our guest threw childish tantrums, you take the cake...

Yeah yeah yeah. It's going to be okay. I know you're all triggered and upset. You'll be fine. Sometimes people aren't nice. It's a part of life.

On a side note (yet related to the topic) has anyone seen this nonsense about WalMart's holiday helpers? They essentially just speedweave but instead they get a special title.

On a side note (yet related to the topic) has anyone seen this nonsense about WalMart's holiday helpers? They essentially just speedweave but instead they get a special title.
Oh yeah and they wear like those weird outfits? I see them all the time

I honestly didn't hate working Christmas Eve last year just because I will pretty much always work, as long as I'm getting paid, and I worked a 12 hours shift so I really raked in the cash for the day. However, the guests pissed me off to no end. I spent a few hours on door duty at the end of the night, just checking receipts and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas on the way out. Multiple guests said to me "wow it sucks that they make you work this late. I would be pissed if I were you". I wanted to look them in the eyes and be like "If you care so much, then why the fuck are you here?" Don't tell me how bad you feel that I have to be here working when you are the very thing that necessitates me being here. If you didn't show up, we wouldn't be open, and I wouldn't be here. End of story.
On top of that I was told I was ruining Christmas by one guest. We closed at ten but the LOD was busy with a swarm of guest issues, so at 10 o'clock exactly I stood in front of the entrance and informed anyone who tried to come in that we were closed and they would have to find somewhere else to shop (good luck with that). A guy shows up with his small child at 10:05 and tries to walk by me. I tell him we're closed. He says he doesn't care, he really needs to get his wife a present. I tell him I'm sorry, but we're closed, and he's not coming in. He says he'll rush. I say I'm sorry again, but we closed five minutes ago and our team members need to go home for Christmas. He tells me he's just going to walk by me anyways, and what was I going to do about it? At this point I was done screwing around so I told him "We are closed. You are not coming into the store. You've been informed that you're not welcome on our property at this point, and if you decide to come in, I will contact the police and Target will press charges for trespassing." At this point I was told I was the biggest asshole in the world, that I ruined Christmas, blah blah, blah. Guess what dumbass? I didn't force you to wait until after 10 o'clock on Christmas Eve to buy your wife a present. That's on you. You can explain to her why you made this genius decision. He left, and I got the keys from the LOD to lock the doors immediately after.

I honestly didn't hate working Christmas Eve last year just because I will pretty much always work, as long as I'm getting paid, and I worked a 12 hours shift so I really raked in the cash for the day. However, the guests pissed me off to no end. I spent a few hours on door duty at the end of the night, just checking receipts and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas on the way out. Multiple guests said to me "wow it sucks that they make you work this late. I would be pissed if I were you". I wanted to look them in the eyes and be like "If you care so much, then why the fuck are you here?" Don't tell me how bad you feel that I have to be here working when you are the very thing that necessitates me being here. If you didn't show up, we wouldn't be open, and I wouldn't be here. End of story.
On top of that I was told I was ruining Christmas by one guest. We closed at ten but the LOD was busy with a swarm of guest issues, so at 10 o'clock exactly I stood in front of the entrance and informed anyone who tried to come in that we were closed and they would have to find somewhere else to shop (good luck with that). A guy shows up with his small child at 10:05 and tries to walk by me. I tell him we're closed. He says he doesn't care, he really needs to get his wife a present. I tell him I'm sorry, but we're closed, and he's not coming in. He says he'll rush. I say I'm sorry again, but we closed five minutes ago and our team members need to go home for Christmas. He tells me he's just going to walk by me anyways, and what was I going to do about it? At this point I was done screwing around so I told him "We are closed. You are not coming into the store. You've been informed that you're not welcome on our property at this point, and if you decide to come in, I will contact the police and Target will press charges for trespassing." At this point I was told I was the biggest asshole in the world, that I ruined Christmas, blah blah, blah. Guess what dumbass? I didn't force you to wait until after 10 o'clock on Christmas Eve to buy your wife a present. That's on you. You can explain to her why you made this genius decision. He left, and I got the keys from the LOD to lock the doors immediately after.

These are the people who I am dumbfounded by. What do they do look at their calender and realize..oh shit...its xmas in 2 hours...better get some presents...didnt realize it was so soon...total morons

Had a guest ask me today if we were open tomorrow.
I said yep, til 11pm.
Guest: Really?! That's unbelievable!
Me: What's unbelievable is the amount of people we'll see at that time since they'll come HERE after everyone else has closed.
Guest: They really shouldn't make ya'll stay open like that.
Me: As long as people shop, we'll stay open. When people STOP shopping at those times, then & ONLY then will they close earlier because it won't be profitable. THAT'S the bottom line.

Unbelievable. My local Wally has signs posted everywhere saying that they're closing at 6 today so "associates can be with their families." Target continues to stoop lower and lower than the low. Somehow I don't expect Target to ever have signage posted about how much they care about team members being with family. Brian Cornell will be with his family, of course, and he'll collect a few more bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back