Archived Walmart Closing at 6pm Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. My local Wally has signs posted everywhere saying that they're closing at 6 today so "associates can be with their families." Target continues to stoop lower and lower than the low. Somehow I don't expect Target to ever have signage posted about how much they care about team members being with family. Brian Cornell will be with his family, of course, and he'll collect a few more bucks.

Why do people buy into that facade so easily?

Unbelievable. My local Wally has signs posted everywhere saying that they're closing at 6 today so "associates can be with their families." Target continues to stoop lower and lower than the low. Somehow I don't expect Target to ever have signage posted about how much they care about team members being with family. Brian Cornell will be with his family, of course, and he'll collect a few more bucks.

But...but we got to wear jeans for an entire month! Surely that's all us TMs need to feel special and appreciated, right? o_O

Why do people buy into that facade so easily?

Well, it's a lot better than Wally saying they're actually open until midnight because fuck our employees. They could definitely do that (you know, like a certain *cough* red bullseye store).

9d35c846974ec8390132b307a95cee2e.png

Well, it's a lot better than Wally saying they're actually open until midnight because fuck our employees. They could definitely do that (you know, like a certain *cough* red bullseye store).

Yeah stores don't close early to be nice, and they don't stay open late to screw people over. They make a decision that benefits their bottom line.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this but....

If your reasoning for not working late on Christmas Eve is that you need to see your family, then you need to see your family more often than 1 day a year.

I don't know about other families, but mine gets together several times a year. It seems pretty sad to me that this is the excuse people are using. If you don't want to work holidays, might I suggest another line of work for you?

If you don't want to work holidays, might I suggest another line of work for you?

That's the whole point of the thread, is that Walmart is the same line of work, but they're letting out earlier on this one day, so that strikes a chord.

However, I don't buy for a minute that it's to allow their employees more time with their families, but rather they've decided whatever extra sales would be made for those few hours wouldn't be worth what they'll have to pay in wages.

Last edited:
Holy Shit! It was halfway peaceful until 6pm then, BOOM! All these morons started pouring in!

I'm glad I was outta there at 7!

Stoopid people.

our store open until 11pm..however I think we lost money because the traffic dropped off as of 830 and the ones that came in after that were the typical Walmart shoppers!!
I seriously doubt they will be open that late next year.. our Target bean counters thought we would be super busy... boy were they wrong...

You snipped out the part where I gave Wally's reasoning for closing early, followed by my analysis. I'm aware of the thread title.

I was just kidding my friend. But no wal mart does not care about their employees anymore than Target does. Them closing early is a PR move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back