Archived Walmart raising starting pay to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much to add, but I did notice that one of our TL's had "Pay Grade" written on a list of notes today.

So is this 9.00 an hour confirmed company wide or is it select areas? I didn't hear anything at my store about this yet.. my leaders are horrible about keeping things secret so it should have leaked out lol..

So is this 9.00 an hour confirmed company wide or is it select areas? I didn't hear anything at my store about this yet.. my leaders are horrible about keeping things secret so it should have leaked out lol..
They don't wanna tell you. But at my store all new hires come in at 9.00 an hour. They cant put in anything lower it won't let them. So some new hires are making more than some regulars that's why they are keeping things secret for now. I may want some back pay.

They don't wanna tell you. But at my store all new hires come in at 9.00 an hour. They cant put in anything lower it won't let them. So some new hires are making more than some regulars that's why they are keeping things secret for now. I may want some back pay.

Sooo it's effective in april? And it comes before our raises soo I should get a 5 cent raise plus my review... woohoo.. lol

I know our dtl-hr was in all day today, and they were worrying about what work center people were grouped in...which sound like it could go either way...if I get nothing I'm going to be pissed. Nothing says we value you like no raise cause you've clawed your way to decent pay.

And there's opportunity for advancement there. I have a couple of friends who work there. Great place to work.
Oddly, one of my store's new senior team leads previously worked at Lowe's. Bet they regret making that switch now! ;) This leader has also proven to be quiet incompetent as well, no leadership skills whatsoever.

So had a tl metting per our stl all workcenters will be receiving the pay raise but N05 and up will receive more of what there paygrade are plus new paygrades also our etl hr gets the new chart in the middle of april

Oddly, one of my store's new senior team leads previously worked at Lowe's. Bet they regret making that switch now! ;) This leader has also proven to be quiet incompetent as well, no leadership skills whatsoever.

Funny, one of our newly-hired TLs also came from Lowe's. I had questioned why she left to work at Target but she didn't really have an answer.

Some good leaders from my store went to Lowe's. Same jobs, but I'm guessing it's still an improvement on target.

Well i was asking around the bush, and saying i heard rumors of $9 being the minimum, and several people said it is true for our store, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back