Archived Walmart raising starting pay to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to know what happens to those of us who are already making well over 9.00 an hour.?

same here, only the reddit link has any information, you would think that target would be letting the media know, unless they are scrambling for excuses after they already made several dumb points about why they aren't doing it only last month.

I think to there's the factor that they will look bad for doing a $9 dollar jump when Walmart announced a $10 jump.
So they don't announce it to the media but hope the TMs will be so grateful and distracted that everything will be fine.

I think to there's the factor that they will look bad for doing a $9 dollar jump when Walmart announced a $10 jump.
So they don't announce it to the media but hope the TMs will be so grateful and distracted that everything will be fine.
Walmart is raising to $10 by 2016. This year it's $9.

I am happy for those tms who will get a raise ( if this is true) However, for those of us who have been with Spot for quite sometime ( and are over the 9 mark) ....would be nice if we saw a lil increase as well.
If target wanted to look good to the media they would give TMs above the $9 mark a raise equal to what the difference new hires are going to get now. That would one up Walmart.

But they won't. Ha I needed a laugh.

If target wanted to look good to the media they would give TMs above the $9 mark a raise equal to what the difference new hires are going to get now. That would one up Walmart.

But they won't. Ha I needed a laugh.
You are right...then they could say...we are paying more to new employees and showing appreciation to long term employees while giving the same pay increase etc....but you are right they wont do that...would be too much like the right thing to do

Walmart is raising to $10 by 2016. This year it's $9.

Absolutely but the media hasn't been headlining it that way.
Until you get into the third paragraph or so, it isn't made clear.
And I'm sure, as has been pointed out, Spot doesn't want to look like they were pushed into it.

I think it's shitty Walmart employees can't use their discount on food unless it's fresh produce

To those of you who are above $9 an hour, if you're at a higher paygrade, would you not get $9 plus your paygrade amount as your new minimum, making future raises possible? I'm slightly above $9, but my paygrade is $1 higher than minimum, so I think I'd jump to $10 an hour, if this thing actually happens. Isn't that how it works?

I guess you could say the pay at Walmart is so low that they have to make a meth lab and

break bad.

yeahhh.jpg

To those of you who are above $9 an hour, if you're at a higher paygrade, would you not get $9 plus your paygrade amount as your new minimum, making future raises possible? I'm slightly above $9, but my paygrade is $1 higher than minimum, so I think I'd jump to $10 an hour, if this thing actually happens. Isn't that how it works?
I'm hoping that's how it works...But I'm also afraid that I'll find out that the lowest paygrade is $9 already.

Does anyone know if Flow gets paid more than cashiers? Or if Backroom gets paid more than Flow? I'm at a 6am store if that makes any difference.

I'm hoping that's how it works...But I'm also afraid that I'll find out that the lowest paygrade is $9 already.

Does anyone know if Flow gets paid more than cashiers? Or if Backroom gets paid more than Flow? I'm at a 6am store if that makes any difference.
Flow and backroom are the same pay grade. Usually .50 above base, which is cashiers.

Someone said we should be hearing more about this today. Anyone hear anything? Target didn't release a press release or announce anything on their corporate website it seems.

The STL and ETL's called the TL's into a meeting and told them. Details that have trickled out from that are muddied though i.e. what grades are actually going to see increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back