Archived want to go further..but how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooliobum

GSA, Bench Warmer
I want to be a team lead. I'm global, with formal trainmen gin 7 different workstations. I show my appreciation for other team members and such. I also am recognized daily by practically all the ETLs and every TL in my store. I applied for GSA not too long ago and both my GSTL and ETLGE said that I blew everyone out of the water in the interview, but I didn't get the position and I feel it was because of my availability which is super understandable and there is no hard feelings and they are aware. We recently had our STL unexpectedly "retire" and I can smell some transition of leadership when we get our new STL sometime in January. How should I go about seeking a TL position now? I feel they're aware I'm seeking a leadership position as my interest in GSA. I know I should start by asking very bluntly about a leadership position. but any other suggestions and advice?

@Cooliobum If youve already done an interview than youre currently benched for TL. I dont think youl necessarily get to choose where that position lays however. When one opens up, grab it. They will put you where they see you best fit though. TLs are "global" now so im not sure if it matters what you're best at truly, corporate wont care. Good luck and if its in logistics, say some prayers and get a gym membership because you're in for some cardio lol. good luck

Last edited:
GSA is not a TL position, so I don't think that counts as being on the bench.

OP has your availability changed? My thoughts are if it isnt open enough to be a GSA, it will be a hindurance trying to be a TL. Our TLs have to open, close and weekends.

OP has your availability changed? My thoughts are if it isnt open enough to be a GSA, it will be a hindurance trying to be a TL. Our TLs have to open, close and weekends.
I'm not available at least 2 days out of the week since last year due to school. This term I wasn't able to open on monday or wednesday and couldn't work tuesday or thursday at all, so it was a little less than usual cause I'm trying to just finish my transfer units I need. Also we have 2 GSTLs and 3 GSAs and the way they schedule them I pretty much had to fit with their schedules, where as the person who go the job had 24/7 availability.

I'm not available at least 2 days out of the week since last year due to school. This term I wasn't able to open on monday or wednesday and couldn't work tuesday or thursday at all, so it was a little less than usual cause I'm trying to just finish my transfer units I need. Also we have 2 GSTLs and 3 GSAs and the way they schedule them I pretty much had to fit with their schedules, where as the person who go the job had 24/7 availability.

Do you think your availability could be keeping you from a TL position?

Talk to your ETL about moving up and if he or she likes you'll they'll back you. However, your availability will be a problem. Fact is you need to open it up before they can push you. You can be amazing but if you can barely be in the building they won't waste their time.

Have a conversation with your ETL and show you're reliable. Your ETL may give you something to captainship over (like Guest Service brand) to prove you can follow through on task and showcase reliability. That'll be your start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back