Archived Water bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am currently working in Starbucks, we’ve been told we aren’t allowed to have any water whatsoever. It wouldn’t be an issue but we’re often too busy and understaffed to even take our 15s. I often don’t get to take my meal until it’s almost my 6th hour. Is there anyway around this? If I try to take my 15 minute breaks to get a drink I get an attitude from my coworkers. I don’t know what to do in this situation. All I’m asking is something as basic as a drink of water.

So I am currently working in Starbucks, we’ve been told we aren’t allowed to have any water whatsoever. It wouldn’t be an issue but we’re often too busy and understaffed to even take our 15s. I often don’t get to take my meal until it’s almost my 6th hour. Is there anyway around this? If I try to take my 15 minute breaks to get a drink I get an attitude from my coworkers. I don’t know what to do in this situation. All I’m asking is something as basic as a drink of water.

Our Starbucks normally put their drinks on the Starbucks counter where they put the sugar packs/napkins etc. w/ post it note

+10! Just waste the frigging cup! Spot is too stupid to realize better.

You are foolish. You are skipping paid time off, which is grounds for termination, since it is illegal. Once you quit, which 95% of us do eventually, you'll look back and kick yourself for working for FREE.

@Jwoods7283 - There is/was another poster on here who skipped all his breaks and lunches because his Starbucks was also understaffed, and in return they tossed him out with the used coffee grounds. Keep on keepin' on this way and you'll be next.

You could always hit the water fountain on the way back from your restroom breaks unless you're skipping those too, Amazon-style. If your coworkers give you attitude then tell them to kiss deez nuts on the way to the break room

Depending on which state you live in, it might actually be illegal for them to disallow your breaks. Check your state's labor laws. And if it is illegal, they can get into hot water (oh, bad pun, sorry) if just let's say "someone" were to report them. My state's labor bureau allows callers to report misdeeds anonymously.

Do not skip your breaks.
Call the manager/ETL whatever the hell they are calling them these days, and tell them you need coverage.
It is company policy that you get those breaks.

You also get to go to the bathroom.
As other people have suggested use those times to get some water.
Baristas are people too.

Do not skip your breaks.
Call the manager/ETL whatever the hell they are calling them these days, and tell them you need coverage.
It is company policy that you get those breaks.

You also get to go to the bathroom.
As other people have suggested use those times to get some water.
Baristas are people too.
This-- and if any ETL in any way even so much as IMPLIES you can't/shouldn't take a break, you can 100% hotline that

Just shut down and take your break. That’s what what I did a couple of times. It’s the spots problem that they couldn’t find coverage for your department not yours they should have scheduled coverage for breaks and lunches. You shouldn’t suffer for the spot!!!!

Yeah....Corporate Starbucks would frown upon that. So the OPs tl or ETL needs to have a better plan for coverage.

Our Starbucks just shuts off the lights and goes. They also close early a lot because of no coverage.

Just shut down and take your break. That’s what what I did a couple of times. It’s the spots problem that they couldn’t find coverage for your department not yours they should have scheduled coverage for breaks and lunches. You shouldn’t suffer for the spot!!!!
OP is implying the other Starbucks working are giving them shit for taking their 15s I assume because it leaves the other person by themselves. Either way take your break! They’ll be okay for 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back