Water pallets

I loved the crowns. I've driven both and the yales feel cheap and plastic-y. The Yale order pickers were the only ones I preferred.
Meant to say out of all the crown triples we have one is old. We discontinued our Yale equipment years ago. The Yale OPs were nice once you got used to them. At the time we still had some of the absolutely ancient Crown OPs. The kind with chains in the front like a reach truck. The Yales were absolutely preferable to those monstrosities

Unloading I’ve seen some horrible trucks. I would say the quality of the trailer loads have dwindled over the years. Feedback form doesn’t really do anything anymore either as far as I could tell. I remember I kept getting trailers that in all honestly was inhumane to unload. Sent feedback and it seemed like all I did was make the DC mad and they started sending me even worse trucks lol.

I don’t blame outbound 100%. I think Target needs to invest in their distribution more and figure out ways to eliminate the way trailers arrive and are unloaded. For a company that champions safety it’s hilarious seeing how they never mention how truly unsafe unload is.
I know they been piloting different methods though. Remember seeing the “pod” system and others. I hope they figure out something.

Last edited:
Unloading I’ve seen some horrible trucks. I would say the quality of the trailer loads have dwindled over the years. Feedback form doesn’t really do anything anymore either as far as I could tell. I remember I kept getting trailers that in all honestly was inhumane to unload. Sent feedback and it seemed like all I did was make the DC mad and they started sending me even worse trucks lol.

I don’t blame outboard 100%. I think Target needs to invest in their distribution more and figure out ways to eliminate the way trailers arrive and are unloaded. For a company that champions safety it’s hilarious seeing how they never mention how truly unsafe unload is.
I know they been piloting different methods though. Remember seeing the “pod” system and others. I hope they figure out something.
Feedback form is taken seriously if it is filled out right. Big keyword if 😁

"Would you like to scan a bardcode?"
"No"
"Would you like to take a photo?"
"No"
"Please state your problem?"
"The pallet tipped over this is the third time this month this is really dangerous the DC needs to address it."

We cant do anything with that! Haha.

I think a big part of the reason load quality has gotten worse is the smaller cube. These days most trailers are closing before they are truly full and empty space means space for boxes to move around in transit.

Also the market pantry water PIPO might as well not have any shrink wrap at this point they are so bad. You can practically tip the pallet over by hand let alone it surviving the semi taking a hard turn. But if they want us to seperate the PIPO and not fill around it with cartons there isnt much that can be done beside maybe starting to use the air cushions our vendors send with some PIPO.

Back