We need to get a big 10 every time!

I just had possibly the dumbest talk with one of my managers. A 'mid year review'. Did I get a raise? Hell no. I thought maybe my IPH was low or something like that, they had said I wasn't doing so well. It was the front end numbers that weren't doing well.

Let me give you the bullet points so you don't lose the brain cells I did.

1) Quizzed on GUEST's meaning.

2) Our 'were you greeted' and other service scores were ok, but not as good as they could be. Greet EVERYONE who comes into your line, and if you're watching self checkout, GREET EVERYONE who comes in there. You heard me.

3) Lines are too long, we need to move them quicker. Do this and this when you call for backup. What's that, coverage is awful? We still need to move faster! Guest satisfaction! Even the SCO line needs to move faster!

4) Redcards! Get one every week, and guess what, you're going to have to get more than that soon. The required number's gonna go up, up, up! Ask everyone if they want one. People are going to get talked to unless we get these redcards. IF I WANTED TO FLOG CREDIT CARDS I WOULD GO WORK AT SAM'S CLUB OR SEARS!

5) Never touch the card screen for the guest. Even if they are 100 years old and standing there not looking at the screen at all, not inclined to look, nope, nada. Also don't encourage the guest to hit 'skip' on Circle.

6) Big 10 every time. They want all perfect scores whenever a survey comes in. EVERY TIME. Make sure to speak in the most patronizing, condescending voice possible.

I hate this. I hate my life right now.

I just had possibly the dumbest talk with one of my managers. A 'mid year review'. Did I get a raise? Hell no. I thought maybe my IPH was low or something like that, they had said I wasn't doing so well. It was the front end numbers that weren't doing well.

2) Our 'were you greeted' and other service scores were ok, but not as good as they could be. Greet EVERYONE who comes into your line, and if you're watching self checkout, GREET EVERYONE who comes in there. You heard me.

3) Lines are too long, we need to move them quicker. Do this and this when you call for backup. What's that, coverage is awful? We still need to move faster! Guest satisfaction! Even the SCO line needs to move faster!

4) Redcards! Get one every week, and guess what, you're going to have to get more than that soon. The required number's gonna go up, up, up! Ask everyone if they want one. People are going to get talked to unless we get these redcards. IF I WANTED TO FLOG CREDIT CARDS I WOULD GO WORK AT SAM'S CLUB OR SEARS!

5) Never touch the card screen for the guest. Even if they are 100 years old and standing there not looking at the screen at all, not inclined to look, nope, nada. Also don't encourage the guest to hit 'skip' on Circle.

6) Big 10 every time. They want all perfect scores whenever a survey comes in. EVERY TIME. Make sure to speak in the most patronizing, condescending voice possible.

Hiding back in pets…

Oh boy! I can't wait! I have been told that "long time tm's" will be having ETL status meetings. Seriously?
It's ridiculous. It's not even like longtimers would be making that much more so why target them?

Status meetings, just--why? Why is good not good enough anymore?

None of this is new. Sounds like your district/group strayed away from company standards and now is getting pressure to get back on board. NPS, Redcards and guest experience has always been a thing

None of this is new. Sounds like your district/group strayed away from company standards and now is getting pressure to get back on board. NPS, Redcards and guest experience has always been a thing
You know gsa is not a thing anymore right?

The redcard requirements have dropped, hard.

We are supposed to get about 15 a week, years ago it was 50-60 a week.

I'm assuming gsa4lyfe is joking? Are some stores still scheduling former GSA's under the SETL workcenter like they used to under GSTL?

Last edited:
Guess not, I thought I was a GSA this whole time. Every promotion I’ve gotten in the last 5 years I just assume I was still a GSA. This is ground breaking news
I am glad I was able to help, that’s what we are all here for , right? 🥰
Fyi, every time you get promoted your title changes.

I'm assuming gsa4lyfe is joking? Are some stores still scheduling former GSA's under the SETL workcenter like they used to under GSTL?
Planossss enraged brought up the gsa thing based off a user name I made 6 years ago and my first job at target. I was being sarcastic based off their comment. I was just commenting on the fact that things like NPS and redcards never really went away. The aggression towards them calmed down over the years but you were never not supposed to sign up guests for redcards or get good surveys. Like you said the goals have gone down but not away

Geez, sorry to hear all that pressure is being put on your front end at a time when we don't have the payroll to do our best. Sounds like somebody is in denial about reality and making you suffer for it.

GSAs are now cashiers scheduled to do the front-end former GSA position. Everyone up front is learning to do that, guest service, etc. Even cart attendants have to know how.

I ask, pretty much everyone I ask already has or doesn't want one. What am I supposed to do, force them to do it? Do they expect us to do what Wells Fargo did?

This reminds me of the time they were trying to flog the flow team and backroom for not getting any red cards. That went about as well as a lead balloon in a wind storm.
Yes, they have to get a redcard in the 5 minutes they were backing up cashiering, while doing their reshop, and backstock, and dumping their trash, and unloading the truck if it was a double...

This reminds me of the time they were trying to flog the flow team and backroom for not getting any red cards. That went about as well as a lead balloon in a wind storm.

Lol. We had a former GSTL who would get on the walkie everyday to encourage salesfloor TMs to tell every guest they talked to about red cards. He even tried a contest to see which work center could get the most red cards in a month: style, gm, market, inbounds, tech or the front. There were daily updates about how many each team had gotten.

Lol. We had a former GSTL who would get on the walkie everyday to encourage salesfloor TMs to tell every guest they talked to about red cards. He even tried a contest to see which work center could get the most red cards in a month: style, gm, market, inbounds, tech or the front. There were daily updates about how many each team had gotten.
I remember when our store dis this. We even had to take it further and phsycially walk the guest uo and check them out ourselves to get the score for our team. Thst wa horrific anx I do not miss it

GSAs are now cashiers scheduled to do the front-end former GSA position. Everyone up front is learning to do that, guest service, etc. Even cart attendants have to know how.

I ask, pretty much everyone I ask already has or doesn't want one. What am I supposed to do, force them to do it? Do they expect us to do what Wells Fargo did?
That's very much an ASANTS.

We schedule the same handful of people at the service desk 99% of the time, only six people have closed the front end at my store since GSA was officially done away with, and four of those six were previously GSA's.

There's no chance in hell we'd be training cart attendants at the service desk.

Back