Weekend Differential Pay?

Hey did anyone hear that Target is doing the Saturday/Sunday differential pay again? It supposedly starts next week. $2 extra/hr. Wondering if it’s just my location or company wide.

Nothing was told to us till now ! With the raises we got recently I doubt if we’ll get any this time. But I’m getting overtime hours from coming week onwards . As we are not doing overnight this year, they gave me 6 days/week schedule .

Have not heard anything about it, but it would help. Our weekend availability is terrible and atleast the people that have to work every weekend because of it get something. I've had ot for 2 months now. We are drastically understaffed. We're closing in on 600 hours underscheduled this month.

We got raises too so this is an extra $2 on top of that which makes most TMs close to $19-20/hr.

Last edited:
Nothing about it at my store, although there's a $50 bonus (or gift card maybe?) for perfect attendance for each of 3 certain weeks.

Hey did anyone hear that Target is doing the Saturday/Sunday differential pay again? It supposedly starts next week. $2 extra/hr. Wondering if it’s just my location or company wide.

My store is getting it too. Only mentioning it since everyone else besides @Anelmi seems to not be getting it. And it appears to be very limited, because I thought it was only my store getting it. At least that's what I heard.

We have a dearth of hours available but OT isn't allowed.....yet.
Given the number of TMs leaving, it's only a matter of time.

Maybe I should delete this thread then if it’s such a limited thing…don’t want any unnecessary attention.

Maybe I should delete this thread then if it’s such a limited thing…don’t want any unnecessary attention.
It's possible other stores are getting it too, maybe word just hasn't gotten out yet. We know how bad communication is around here, lol.

I don’t think it’s limited. I work at a college campus store so we’ll be doing about $20k on weekend days in mid to late December and we’re getting it, so… I think no one has announced it. I think the only place I saw it was on workbench in either the November planner or the December planner.

Edit: well now I can’t find it. Maybe I was looking at something from last year.

Last edited:
Haven't heard a thing. We need it every day, honestly. Weekends we get at least 10-11 call-offs per day. It's insane. They've cracked down extra hard on attendance because of it. The extra $ would help more than the coaching, that's for sure.

Haven't heard a thing. We need it every day, honestly. Weekends we get at least 10-11 call-offs per day. It's insane. They've cracked down extra hard on attendance because of it. The extra $ would help more than the coaching, that's for sure.
Honestly at my store the extra money wouldn’t help with call off’s. Some people just don’t care. I for one would love it!

I think if we scheduled tm for a regular weekend off like the leaders we may have less call offs. The whole work life balance thing should apply to everyone. If they only have weekend availability then that's a different story.
I’m lucky to be able to have a weekend rotation with my other P-Fresh person. It works out well. I believe that after a year if the team member is in good standing he or she should be able to have a rotating schedule if they want. (Not necessarily more hours during the week but a guaranteed every other weekend off)

Last edited:
There isnt a right answer for weekends. Obviously it's retail and weekends are the busiest days. Back when weekend availability being a must for a job it allowed more tms to be off on weekends as they could rotate. If you want a weekend off just request it. It's going to be the easiest way to have one. If the weekend differential is applied it may drive incentive for tms work and atleast it's a little bonus for the tms regularly work them.

the only thing I saw is a black friday hourly pay increase. it was pretty specific... for just that Friday.

Back