Would you appreciate rotations?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was told by my STL that Electronics are supposed to be on rotations that fallow the GSTL/GSA/LOD rotations. Has anybody else heard of this? Granted we don't have rotations right now due to lack of staffing. But is this true for all team members or just certain ones?

Sunday is the only day I work in electronics. I rotate every other Sunday doing the ad. Of course I will hopefully be out soon once the new guy turns 18 and can come in at 6. Keyword 'hopefully.'

I always work weekends and usually get one day off a week. Rotating weekends for electronics would certainly be appreciated since it's the only time of the week I can sleep in and I don't have to go to class. It would be nice to have a day away from work and school once in a while.

Never heard of rotation but would love it. What's a weekend off? Unless I ask (beg?) I never ever get a weekend off. In fact, I always work both Saturday and Sunday and not by choice. In my store, asking for a day off will more than likely get you much more than that so nobody does it unless in desperate need.

as a PA i'm supposse to have every other weekend off. It did work for awhile and all summer up to August. I had 1 weekend off in august and so far 1 in September and that weekend I took time off.
I sure hope I get back into the rotation, but with the holidays coming up I doubt it, the week leading up to Thanksgiving is our, FOOD, biggest week of the year.

All of the TLs are in a rotation and I keep my PAs on a rotation. Everyone else I schedule I try to make sure has a weekend off every 3-5 weeks. Really I'd like to work no weekends lol.

Never heard of rotation but would love it. What's a weekend off? Unless I ask (beg?) I never ever get a weekend off. In fact, I always work both Saturday and Sunday and not by choice. In my store, asking for a day off will more than likely get you much more than that so nobody does it unless in desperate need.

Petty immature management.

Hahahaha. I don't dare to dream such dreams. Between the two TLs who of course get their rotating weekends, and another GSA who for all practical purposes doesn't work weekends, that leaves two of us to work pretty much every weekend. It's how they keep things "fair."

Nothing pisses me off more than having LODs dare to ask me, "do you work this weekend?" I usually just look at them and reply, "I don't get weekends off." Usually they only make the mistake of asking me that question once.

All I have to say about this is that if it's in your availability then you are available. If you don't like it, change your availability. Why do so many make something so simple into such a problem?

Different stores, different rules. In a district most stores follow the same rules. I have never heard of anyone except TLs having "guaranteed" weekend rotation. Its retail.The hours suck. The weekends are the bread and butter of the business and most people need to be available. We won't even interview people without open weekend availability

We used to have weekend rotations when I had another good pa to have the responsibility with me. Now I work weekends to limit the damage done when I'm not there. In fact I'm trying to think of a tactful way to get back to me owning our truck process without threatening to swap with centers if they don't comply.

I don't mind. I get Fridays off, and my hubby has Fri/sat right now.

As of late, I never work weekends unless I go out of my way to pick up weekend shifts like I did this weekend (worked 7.5 hours Saturday and 10.5 Sunday, but both shifts were things I intentionally picked up).

I think for TMs to be on a weekend rotation, they need to have open availability on Sat/Sun and fairly open availability during the week (not unavailable on any full days, as those usually count as one of the days off in the week).
I put my PAs on a weekend rotation, but that's because they had open availability, and pretty much had set schedules.

Tell me about it.

Of the 5 others TMs in my area: 1 has Saturdays off, 1 has Sundays off, 1 can only work Sunday mornings, 1 only works 2 weekday mornings, and the TL gets every other weekend off. FML.

Earlier this year I was getting lucky somehow but I'm paying for it now. Consistency would be nice. Being able to watch the NFL would be even nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back