Archived What about the really great guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the lines of the guests we love to hate, what about the ones who are actually kind or helpful or otherwise quite pleasant? I'll start:
I overheard two guests talking about an area that POG had recently reset, saying how great it looked and someone or several someones did a really wonderful job. (Yes, I passed this along to POG.)
Recently had a mom tell me about a broken item on the shelf in kitchenware. (I don't think she or her son did it; it was large enough that it would have made some noise.) Same once for a glass-based lamp.
The guest who found me a few aisles away to confess that she dropped a jug of laundry detergent on the floor and made a sloppy mess. She could have just left it there for someone else to step in and slip.
So yeah, there are the crabs and the irresponsible schmucks and the ones who are just plain weird. But there are nice folks out there too.

It's easy to focus on the guests who are annoying because, well, they stand out as annoying.

My favorite guests are the ones who you can joke with a little. Recently, I helped an older lady in the scales. She was so sweet and funny. When she mentioned that maybe she should buy an electric knife instead (as a present) I walked over and got one for her so she didn't have to walk over there. She made my day.

Along the lines of the guests we love to hate, what about the ones who are actually kind or helpful or otherwise quite pleasant? I'll start:
I overheard two guests talking about an area that POG had recently reset, saying how great it looked and someone or several someones did a really wonderful job. (Yes, I passed this along to POG.)
Recently had a mom tell me about a broken item on the shelf in kitchenware. (I don't think she or her son did it; it was large enough that it would have made some noise.) Same once for a glass-based lamp.
The guest who found me a few aisles away to confess that she dropped a jug of laundry detergent on the floor and made a sloppy mess. She could have just left it there for someone else to step in and slip.
So yeah, there are the crabs and the irresponsible schmucks and the ones who are just plain weird. But there are nice folks out there too.

I had a guest brake a jar of pickles, she felt so bad that she wanted to buy it. I explained that it wouldn't be necessary because we just mark it out of our system. I'll take that over the guests who break it and walk away like it never happened.

There's a dude that comes in a shops 2x a day, every day. Usually buys a few snacks each time, good guy. He gets called out to me as suspicious on a weekly basis. I kind of want to tell him but then he might not shop anymore...

I have 4 favorite guests. I’m so bad with names and faces that it’s weird to me that I remember these people.

I don’t actually know all their names, but when I see any of these 4 walk (or roll) in the door, it makes my day and I try to time my break so I can talk to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back