What are the advantages of an educational LOA?

I've made the decision to go back to school and I know that I do not want to try and work at Target while going to school, I want to focus my attention on school. I've been trying to decide if I want to just quit or take an educational Leave of Absence...what are the advantages and rules that go along with the LOA?

Are there any advantages to a LOA? Obviously being able to come back to your job, but is there anything else?

Is there a time frame that a LOA can be taken? Like does it need to line up exactly with school schedules or is it flexible? I need a bit of time before classes start to get some stuff in order and mentally transition, so I was not planning on working right up till classes start.

Do I have to come back on breaks? Honestly, last Q4 was so rough that it spurred on my decision to go back to school...I don't want to do retail holiday seasons anymore.

Are you supposed to stay out of your store if you're on a LOA? It's my main shopping source and was before I started working there, so I'd hate to be cut off, lol.

I know I could ask my HR, but quite frankly, I'm keeping quiet about things until I make decisions. TIA!

Back