Archived What can GSTMs do more than Cashiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
I asked this in another thread, but thought I'd pull it out.

Now that cashiers can technically do "simple returns and price matches" what can *POS-Coded* GSTMs do that *POS-Coded* Cashiers can't?

I don't think there is any difference. I remember when i came back from Mobile, that i was keyed in on the POS with GS privilege, and the GSTL removed it. I came back, and I'm quite sure they didn't add it. I can do returns fine and price matches fine.

The o my difference between Cashiers and SDTMs is the 4 options of k5, Paid and left ring ins, pay out for those paid and left, NFS payments and I think it's either Reports or something about paychecks but I can't remember.. I did my first. NSF bill yesterday and I've been there for 8 months and the guy with me who has been here for 2 years had no clue what it was lol

The o my difference between Cashiers and SDTMs is the 4 options of k5, Paid and left ring ins, pay out for those paid and left, NFS payments and I think it's either Reports or something about paychecks but I can't remember.. I did my first. NSF bill yesterday and I've been there for 8 months and the guy with me who has been here for 2 years had no clue what it was lol

We very seldom get people with the NSF bills. One of our GSTL's and myself are the only ones who know how to process them.

You can process payments in which the guest inserts their card. As a cashier, I think you can only process a payment if the guest has a statement. Other than that, not much. GSTMs can close their registers, but I don't think a cashier can. Not 100% sure on that one.

do cashiers have access to sort stuff/defecting things out?
Yep they can because they never coded me in the POS for GS for a good few months and I could do everything other than the few things I put on my previous message

The thing is cashiers could always do returns at the registers... it's just that they didn't know how to or were told not to, I remember doing a return back in December on the express lanes after working for like 2 weeks, so they've been able to do it for months

Yep they can because they never coded me in the POS for GS for a good few months and I could do everything other than the few things I put on my previous message
thanks!

so basically at this point there's no real need for a seperate GSTM coding? because honestly anyone who shouldn't touch the k5 options probably doesn't know what to do with the k5 options

thanks!

so basically at this point there's no real need for a seperate GSTM coding? because honestly anyone who shouldn't touch the k5 options probably doesn't know what to do with the k5 options
Hah yea you're right but it's fun bragging to the cashiers about the 4 whole extra options I got :p

Hah yea you're right but it's fun bragging to the cashiers about the 4 whole extra options I got :p
HA look at me I can process PAID AND LEFT!

**in all honestly I hate processing paid and left and pilferge

Yea anyway with the sort stuff all cashiers and sales floor can log on to the K8, just needs to be the SD POSs

Anyone can defect stuff. We teach salesfloor how to do it themselves if they have the time.

thanks!

Yes, it helps with scheduling.

So as a Cashier to SD to GSTL, I have never once seen an NSF payment. I did not know they even existed until this thread.

I remember taking NSF payments at the service desk but I think that debit cards & electronic transfers have made those a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back