Archived What do store side TMs think about AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do all of the store side TMs think about AP? I’m a TPS and have been for a while now soon moving up to APTL. I feel like and maybe it’s just my store... TMs look at AP and treat AP one of two ways. One they see us as snitches or two they see us as normal TMs but they never really trust us. Anyone else in AP see this? I know that the old TPS who walked out before me was a douche so maybe that’s why?

I don't know who my current AP people are. I know that the most recent TPS I had seen left to go back to school, and I heard rumors that one of the baristas is currently in TPS training at another store. We haven't had anyone at the door in weeks on a Saturday.

Tps and ap are the same to me.

I'm super awkward around the undercover.

Ap are always attractive.

Honestly they see more crap behind the scenes than I wanna know happens in store. I never fully trust them but they have their job to do like I have mine. When ap goes after a tm everyone knows because the etls constantly have them on 5 or 6. They dont make it a secret. At the end of the day just do your job and mind your business

A lot of TMs kinda view them as snitches to the leadership and/or think AP is really bossy, telling them how to do their jobs, etc. The ones that don’t are usually the people who understand what all AP does to look out for the store’s safety and the team’s safety, and probably have at least some interest in criminal justice. Basically, most people’s opinions of AP will closely mirror that of their views of the police. I’ve trusted everyone we’ve had as AP (something like an ETL AP, 2 APTLs and three TPS over the years from what I remember) knowing they’re just doing their jobs and protecting the store’s bottom line as well as the team but I’m probably an outlier.

Our AP team is great. The Leader is one of my favorites in the whole store and while I think the changes to AP in modernization are one of the good things about it (as in, they report to the APBP), I also really miss the AP Leader being more involved with store operations, simply because they're a great leader. Now they're in plainclothes, and I don't initiate conversation on the floor other than in the "acknowledging a guest" way.

TPS is hilarious and really helped me hone my BS detector when I was a baby GSTM. I had to witness an apprehension once, and watching them do their stuff was impressive.

You mentioned trust, so I'll say I have no reason to distrust them. I'm also mindful of why they're there and understand they have to be -- and should be -- impartial.

I love them. I always feel more secure, knowing that if things really go south with a "guest" there's someone watching who can get help to me. I also like that if a guest was pretty obvious about stealing I can alert AP to the guest rather than knowing the LOD has to just let them walk out. I really, really hate it when I hear AP leaving for the day.

I appreciate that our AP person is on the ball. Yes, he's more suspicious of others than I am, but that's his job. Before working in retail, I had no idea how sneaky and devious people could be; he's helped me know what to be aware of. The hardest part is ignoring him when he's working undercover - have to stop myself from talking to him like he's a TM.

They come and collect the AP bin behind GS when no one's looking, so I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

I love my ETL AP. He’s a really nice guy. When I was in TSC the other day he brought in a man who stole in handcuffs and I awkwardly said “hey what’s up?” and he smiled. The guy in handcuffs was so pissed 😂

AP and TPS are the same to me, in that i dont know the difference. They're cool at my store. But since I don't see the work they do, it's pretty easy to think they just do nothing all day. I have seen seen them burst out of the AP office to catch someone at the exit though so that was awesome.

As long as they don't take the Wave when I'm pulling stuff we're cool.

I've joked that our ETL AP uses the wave like his own personal Segway around the store.

(though he always seems to be fixing something in the ceiling or repointing cameras or whatever he'd be doing up there. It's just funny to see him riding around the store most nights)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back