Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe. Or package it in the nastiest, dirtiest looking bag possible so it will look unappetizing. We don't have a thieving problem but yeah, it would still be rough.

I usually will eat a frozen meal with a side of ramen or frozen veggies depending on how big the meal is. I don't eat breakfast or on my breaks so I'm usually starving. Once a month or so Ill splurge on a pasta at Food Ave. I used to work there so while its not as good as when I could oversee the making of my own dish, at least I know it's sanitary and fresh. I LOVED those chicken spinach flatbreads when we had them as a test item. I don't know how many other targets had them; they were kind of a pain to make but SO amazing.

I usually work early so for breakfast I get a greek yogurt and the Jimmy Dean bowl with the turkey sausage. For lunch I either bring leftovers from home or get a turkey sandwich from FA but have them toast it up. On occasion I'll get a pizza because it sounds sooo good before, but after I spend my last break in the bathroom...

One of the labs my husband worked at had a lunch thief so one of the guys made a cooked liver sandwich. It disappeared as anticipated. Later, he & several other guys were talking about lunches. At the mention of the stolen liver, one of the guys excused himself & was later heard retching in the restroom.

If I have enough time I make lunch and bring it from home. Most of the time I end up buying a frozen meal, tuna cracker kit, soup, ravioli, and occasionally something from food ave (no Pizza Hut at my food ave though).

Usually, I'll bring something from home. There was 1 time that I was asked to stay a few hours over on a shift which meant I needed a lunch. My ETL-HR gave me a voucher (actually, a sticky note %^D) to get a free pizza at Pizza Hut. That was nice (and SO good!).:D

I usually eat the hopes and dreams of seasonal or new TMs.

When I became the CTL, I was bothered by the amount of food being tossed even though common sense would dictate it was ok to eat. Since we donate our max % for taxes, I approached the STL and pleaded the case that this wasted food could be put in the breakroom. I argued that it could be the best or most food some of our TMs get in a day. I mentioned that we have a lot of TMs who work 15-20 hours a week at a crap wage and can't find a second job in this economy and area. The STL was fine as long as it was only me and the ETLs QMOSing and putting it into the break room, it wasn't expired dairy, and everything that was SDEF had to have a License Plate on it. Later I convinced the DSD vendors to let me have their credits that they would normally toss into the compactor (Nabisco/Kraft and Kelloggs were big contributors). It helped TMs try products they may not normally buy or be able to purchase on their own. Kind of an indirect sampling for vendor product. HR likes this because it saves on requisitioning food from the 549 account for FFF events. Happy TMs are fed TMs.

We had a case of market pantry water to defect...so we defected it and then tossed it into the break room. We figured it would be easier to ask forgiveness than permission...and no one asked for forgiveness, making it even better.

We won't mention the candy and gum supply at guest services. ;-)

Yes. Forgot to mention that HR loves how this keeps their candy jar full. That thing allures so many unfortunate victims into the HR office.

Guest services...it may be unauthorized (or just plain ignored) by the upper people, but it doesn't require any talking, save for being nice to the person at guest services so they'll show you the stash.

Um, I don't know how to put this, but there are not too many King Tacos that are by Target stores.

People don't do that at my store (that I know of) because there is no guarantee the person at guest services will grab some of it for the stash...depending on what's already in there, who it is, etc. It's like fight club...it's never discussed, so no one is quite sure who puts it there.

People don't do that at my store (that I know of) because there is no guarantee the person at guest services will grab some of it for the stash...depending on what's already in there, who it is, etc. It's like fight club...it's never discussed, so no one is quite sure who puts it there.

Rule #1: Do not talk about defected candy.
Rule #2: Do NOT talk about defected candy.

Rule #1: Do not talk about defected candy.
Rule #2: Do NOT talk about defected candy.

We had a GSA who would do that right in the middle of the floor, in front of everybody, haha. "Ooops, this bag is broken...what a shame. Want a Reeses Cup?"

I don't think she ever got in trouble for it!

I usually eat the hopes and dreams of seasonal or new TMs.

When I became the CTL, I was bothered by the amount of food being tossed even though common sense would dictate it was ok to eat. Since we donate our max % for taxes, I approached the STL and pleaded the case that this wasted food could be put in the breakroom. I argued that it could be the best or most food some of our TMs get in a day. I mentioned that we have a lot of TMs who work 15-20 hours a week at a crap wage and can't find a second job in this economy and area. The STL was fine as long as it was only me and the ETLs QMOSing and putting it into the break room, it wasn't expired dairy, and everything that was SDEF had to have a License Plate on it. Later I convinced the DSD vendors to let me have their credits that they would normally toss into the compactor (Nabisco/Kraft and Kelloggs were big contributors). It helped TMs try products they may not normally buy or be able to purchase on their own. Kind of an indirect sampling for vendor product. HR likes this because it saves on requisitioning food from the 549 account for FFF events. Happy TMs are fed TMs.

Putting that effort forth is very admirable. Good job!

I bring my lunch. I hardly ever buy anything to eat while at the store.

Target already gets enough from me. I don't need to spend a couple of hours of workpay at Target.

I don't eat anything at work. I eat breakfast, then lunch when I get home.

I'm too lazy to pack a lunch, and I don't want to get fat eating fast food.

I guess I'm used to it, because I never get hungry.

I usually bring frozen dinners, sandwiches, or leftovers from the night before. Every once in a while, usually Saturdays, if I'm having a bad day I'll buy something as a "treat" - but I usually end up hating myself afterwards! Greasy Pizza Hut is not as awesome as it seems like it's going to be on a crappy day! Other times, I'll stop by Subway or get a Sheetz MTO in the morning, for lunch later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back