Archived What do you require a TM to be capable of in order to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
Understand online planogram
Read transition workload tool
Understand how to tell the difference between an old/new/carry forward
Order accurately, based on what we have/need(pfresh)
Tie/batch/pull
Suspect date audit (pfresh)
PCV (not completed by lod at our store)
Research correctly
Pull gray dots
Follow schedule/breaks
Help tms/guests
Go up for any backup you're able to without being the only one going up
Leave with excellent zone/no stray(reshop)...

I'm sure while training a new TM I expect to keep, I can pull a lot more, you guys got anything else tms need to read to understand why and what they do to help us maintain sanity inside the dot?

Hopefully you have standards on who stays past 90. I have a lot expected from me, thus I expect a lot from those who make my team. I can't complete every task without the help of a team who can complete them with me, as needed. My team is like my seal team 6. I'm just curious what other people settle for or do better.

Edit: used to have standards, being former of course

Last edited:
They have 3 months to learn. You do it right and you can fit a lot in.

BTW my tms love being knowledgeable and knowing just at much if not more than other TLS on tasks that needed to be performed, they are all capable of being TLS, as soon as they're ready to ask how to move up.

Recognition really works when you give it authentically. (Plus explaining how it helps them. I've raised 2 pas to tl and 3 tms to pa)

Last edited:
Yeah, being kept past 90 days is way too easy here. Way, way, too easy :(

I really wish they termed more people.

I use my TMs to check for understanding when I'm not there, and remind them, the more the new TM understands, the easier all of our jobs are

I hate to say it, but I got tired of looking like shit because of tms thrown into my department, and raised tms who hated looking like shit as well.

Really i like the new tms that are eager to learn and get ahead not just play all day. Its a job not a great one but still a job not many people can say that nowadays without a degree.

I'm tired of bullshit. And the people who cause it. If you aren't part of the solution, then you're part of the cause.

Obviously going to vary position to position. For example other than:

Follow schedule/breaks
Help tms/guests

There's nothing listed that I'd ever really need to do while cashiering, and even when cashiering the breaks are typically monitored by the GSA/GSTL.

With the cutback in hours, I was given team members who I never saw well past their 90 days. Then I got to train them. Gotta love the new Target.

I don't understand the question? In order to join what ?
Staying past 90 days.. I realized a good while back, I don't mind who others keep, I'll suggest maybe a different dpt if they're nice enough trying out for mine, but if they can't take care of what's required they don't fit the match..

I know it seems harsh, but we interview so many and so few stay, I've learned those who understand the store and actually know how to operate it, stay.. Everyone I've kept under learning ability has moved up and still work at target making more than when I originally trained them

I do 10+ interviews a week, alone.. Not to mention every other tl working that week doing the same thing lol.. We have plenty to choose from, why just keep whoever makes it past showing up for 90 days if all they can do is zone and put up stray(reshop)

Lol, I see plenty enough guests in the store, I don't need future ones on my team.

Well where I work, the etl will keep cashiers if they get redcards, but that's not all. They have to be young, cute and perky.. Yes, others have heard him say that.. Wish I heard it because he would have gotten an earful from me. Yet He hasn't let anyone go from summer seasonal. Most left to go back to school.

To get hired at our store, all you have to do is pass the drug test. We have high standards!

Lately the moral at our front end has dropped below 0. It's horrible. He sucks at being a manager. I see him undermining gstl and gsa's all the time. My insides turn when I see him in the store.. I try very hard not to talk to him.

We get paid minimal at target.. We don't need managers who are demeaning. If all of them acted as genuine as you sound, things at my store would improve, but we see it like this all the way up to regional.. In the few years I have been at target, there have been maybe a handful of tl's who treat TM's with any respect.

I try not to get involved with any of the store politics because of the way it is run. I do my job, always (usually) with a smile on my face and don't stop moving from the moment I get there until the moment I leave. If everyone did that, it might be a step to a fast fun and friendly place..
I babbled enough for now.

Understand online planogram
Read transition workload tool
Understand how to tell the difference between an old/new/carry forward
Order accurately, based on what we have/need(pfresh)
Tie/batch/pull
Suspect date audit (pfresh)
PCV (not completed by lod at our store)
Research correctly
Pull gray dots
Follow schedule/breaks
Help tms/guests
Go up for any backup you're able to without being the only one going up
Leave with excellent zone/no stray(reshop)...

I'm sure while training a new TM I expect to keep, I can pull a lot more, you guys got anything else tms need to read to understand why and what they do to help us maintain sanity inside the dot?
What ETL are you? That seems like a lot of departments stuff mixed into one. You have have Sales Floor, Logistics, Instocks, Front End.

You might as well go a step further and say certified for the Cart Pusher. There's nothing wrong with a verstile TM but learning all that in 3 months just isn't gonna work. You don't even know if the person gonna last that long, it best to let them get down the core roles, and then cross train them after their 90 so you know they won't just walk out.

I'm Flow/Br and I don't know how do all that stuff, but I do know how to do all my core roles. I'd be insulted if and ETL didn't want me because I wasn't cross trained in all the major sections of the store. Your standards are way to high for min wage retail workers

Not a GL, but since they are all over the building and don't have a lot of time for one-on-one with a lot of our TM's, they rely on us who've spend more time with the other TM's to help decide who stays after 90 and such. If the TM doesn't kill the building with recirculation and doesn't have walls collapse on another TM, then they'll usually make their 90 days. Furthermore, at the DC, we have 'specialty roles' which are TM positions that are less labor-based (and thus highly sought after) leadership positions that usually work as an intermediary between the GLs and the other TMs. A lot of TMs try for specialty roles by putting out ridiculously high productivity, but what we're really looking for are guys with great teamwork skills and have been shown willing to take on challenges.

"Is your availability still the same?"
'yeah'
"Can you pass the drug test?"
'yep'
Cool, come back for orientation next week.

That's more questions that'd determine if someone is hired, not if they're kept past 90 days once hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back