I'm Lost! What does your VM do?

What does your VM do at your store? I'm still in training at other stores (I haven't even seen half of my own store) and do to the way I'm being trained I couldn't even tell you what my own job is.

My general understanding is I check the adjacency calendar and do whatever visual adjacencies are there but like is that it? I'm lost.

VA’s and VMG’s in style and decorative home, switch out mannequins, and set amp gifting fixtures throughout the store. Lead the team when the style TL is off or gone for the day. Assist the team with pick up/freight/folding when there are no tasks to complete.

Bitches on the walkie for teams other than softlines to backup. Bitches on the walkie for softlines to grab their reshop. Gets frustrated when they have to take time to leave softlines and venture into home ever, typically to just print the packet and make sure the person setting it doesn’t fuck it up too bad.

Plays dress-up with the mannequins, messes up the already dumpster fire of a fixture room and yells at the couldn't-care-less PMT that nothing is organized, plays FR attendant during lunches and breaks, backs up at the lanes (but since they come in early, they're usually the only cashier on a lane bc no cashiers are scheduled until like 9:00am, so when a Karen refuses to use SCO they force a lane to be opened).

What does your VM do at your store? I'm still in training at other stores (I haven't even seen half of my own store) and do to the way I'm being trained I couldn't even tell you what my own job is.

My general understanding is I check the adjacency calendar and do whatever visual adjacencies are there but like is that it? I'm lost.

Attachments

• 35B44209-D273-46BD-83FB-E659CAE0DADF.jpeg
    35B44209-D273-46BD-83FB-E659CAE0DADF.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 81
Did anyone else read that VM is supposed to organize the fixture room ? For 2 hours per week !
i think it was in the March addendum.

Very Nice. After it got all cleaned and organized FOR them ! Why didn’t THEY have to remodel it in January ?!

Does anyone believe the VM will spend 2 hours/week in there?

I don’t think ours spends 2 minutes in there.
‘But she may spend 2 hours TELLING everyone ELSE it SHOULD be cleaned!

Sooooo tired of our bossy VM.

Last edited:
Did anyone else read that VM is supposed to organize the fixture room ? For 2 hours per week !
i think it was in the March addendum.

Very Nice. After it got all cleaned and organized FOR them ! Why didn’t THEY have to remodel it in January ?!

Does anyone believe the VM will spend 2 hours/week in there?

I don’t think ours spends 2 minutes in there.
‘But she may spend 2 hours TELLING everyone ELSE it SHOULD be cleaned!

Sooooo tired of our bossy VM.

My VM helped with the fixture room refresh. And cleaned up everything after we finally got our dumpster.

Back