Archived What is the best way to approach this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Marketeers

Cooler Puller
I come in at 4am almost everyday, granted I've only worked at Target for 3 months, I've already made a TL despise me for reasons unknown.

I work in the coolers from 4am-12:30pm pulling/pushing backstocking all that good stuff.

My problem is sometimes the pulls have over 500+ items to pull. Dairy and Frozen almost always have +400 in each of them.
I usually finish pulls before huddle however I leave the frozen and dairy racks in the coolers to come back to.

There's this soft line team leader who always seems to seek me out and pester me and asks all the time why I'm being lazy and all the pulls haven't been pushed before huddle. She complains to my GSTL all the time but I'm pretty sure he gets this gist of what I have to do.

My question is do I just keep doing what I'm doing? So far the only person who has an issue is the Softine TL. My TL is happy it gets done and backstocked and my GSTL is too busy dealing with other things to say anything.

It's either she's a bitch, or I'm slacking severely to get these done before morning huddle.

Who gives a fuck what the soft lines TL thinks? Or even the GSTL? You only need to worry about your own Dairy/Frozen // LOG TL. You should value all ETLs concerns as well, since their in charge of you. Technically the SL TL can coach you, but I really wouldn’t worry about it. I guarantee you they know nothing about dairy..

Sounds like your sltl has a big head and something to prove. Ignore her your direct etl/tl are the only ones you need to worry about gettinv on you. If it becomes to big or something you cant deal with talk to your more trusted etl or hr and see if they will knock her down a peg. I bet you arent the only one she is chomping on so dont fret. We have an etl like that atm and she has already been talked to by hr to back the heck off. Now she rarely comes out of her office on closing nights :/

Next time she bugs you ask her why the jean walls aren't zoned perfectly and nothing is finger-spaced, that'll shut her up.

Or, ask her if SHE'S ready for you to walk her area.

Disregard it, a GSTL and a Softlines TL should stick to their areas.

Ask that GSTL how those Redcards are coming.
Ask the Softlines TL if her fitting room is cleared.

I would ask your TL or ETL how you should handle it and what you should say to her. Since you're new, I don't think it's in your best interest to just blow her off or ignore her, but if you bring it up to your TL and ETL then they may want to chat with her about it or at least have you redirect her to them with her concerns (I would do both, if I were your TL or ETL--tell her to lay off of you and to come to me as your TL with concerns, not complain to the GSTL, either).

I would ask your TL or ETL how you should handle it and what you should say to her. Since you're new, I don't think it's in your best interest to just blow her off or ignore her, but if you bring it up to your TL and ETL then they may want to chat with her about it or at least have you redirect her to them with her concerns (I would do both, if I were your TL or ETL--tell her to lay off of you and to come to me as your TL with concerns, not complain to the GSTL, either).

This is best. While there is a lot of snark in this thread it's best to let your etl or tl take them on than do it yourself

This is best. While there is a lot of snark in this thread it's best to let your etl or tl take them on than do it yourself
True, my snark comes from how I would handle it as me, I dont think of the situation from a new TM perspective.

Frozen dairy pulls are serious bitches every. single. day.

Going to be honest, not sure why your softlines TL is so concerned with Frozen Dairy, or why the GSTL is too. Ask your team leader about it. Honestly, there's no good way to pull these pulls all alone in time without learning how to be extremely precise and learn your techniques and shit... basically, it comes with practice. I've accomplished pulling a 600 DPCI pull in under an hour and a half, it's better when there's another TM in the batch with you pulling full case stocks while you stuff things into three-tier carts. I've done a similar pull, a man caf, with another team and 440 DPCI, and had it all pulled and worked in about two hours.

Honestly, pulls above 300 DPCI should warrant some help from backroom or another TM in Frozen Dairy, it'll take a heck of a lot longer all alone. Hell, it takes me almost an hour to do 1 o'clock pulls at 250 DPCI, and that's without backstocking them... I still think that might be just because I'm slow, too.

There was a seasonal today confiding in me about his ability to do pulls and that he thinks he is way too slow at it. I won't lie, I didn't tell him but I noticed it too, but I told him if he's comfortable, he will get it down once he keeps doing and doing it. I told him "Hey, it's okay, I'm still pretty slow too and I've been here two years." and he's like "oh shit? really?" and I said yes, and I let him know the obvious.... "everyone starts somewhere, you just have to work at it." and I let him know it's alright. Even though he was still pulling 1 o'clocks at 2:20pm, you have to let your TMs know you have faith in their abilities. You can't let them tell you they can't do something, because they can. If they're uncomfortable, ask to do it for them so they can go do your current task if they can or Fill eggs/Milk/zone/organize this cooler, although, I ask them to watch me if they'd like to so they can observe and hopefully pick up some things.

I'm no team leader or PA... I have absolutely zero authority over anyone on my team, so I only ask things of people, I never tell them to do anything for me. I want to be the best rolemodel I can for new up-and-coming TMs to make the transition easier. I noticed today there's about three of the Target notes where someone leaves a nice comment about you up on our board from my seasonals.. it seems they must have teamed together to thank me, coincidentally, the one seasonal I don't like didn't lmao. I hope he is gone soon, he's the complete opposite of me, always telling people to do things, he's always high or tired looking, and he's a complete bum. He does his work, though.

It's a serious thing I'd like to do one day, lead my own team, and you know what, I do want Target to be my starting point. I need to have the conversations still, but hopefully I can get something started.

For a long time there, Dairy pulls were at 600 DPCI for 1 o'clocks. Every single day, talk about annoying.

For a long time there, Dairy pulls were at 600 DPCI for 1 o'clocks. Every single day, talk about annoying.
DPCIs or eaches....? 600 DPCIs would be insane and basically pull one of everything. At that point it’s not worth backstocking at all.

DPCIs or eaches....? 600 DPCIs would be insane and basically pull one of everything. At that point it’s not worth backstocking at all.

Might have been eaches, but I've had eaches in the the low 800s before for sure. Me and the new frozen PA consistently check pull sizes and it's usually something like 300 DPCI- 400 eaches.

EDIT: Low 800's in eaches was back when our backroom WACOs were stuffed with almost 8 DPCIs per WACO unless it wasn't big enough and we had full case backstock all the way to the ceiling on both sides and there was no more room, so we had 3 temp locations full of full case backstock lmao those were the "good" days.

Last edited:
LMAO 107 DPCI and 1117 eaches to pick today at 1 o'clock. All of my whats.

LMAO 107 DPCI and 1117 eaches to pick today at 1 o'clock. All of my whats.
Dear God, I'm glad I'm a small store...i freak out when the man caf for freezer is 1k eaches...i couldn't imagine the 1s to be that much.

Dear God, I'm glad I'm a small store...i freak out when the man caf for freezer is 1k eaches...i couldn't imagine the 1s to be that much.

Yeah I know some people are like "WHAAAA THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT MUCH IT'S IMPOSSIBLE" but I'm at a SuperT with a relatively busy Frozen Dairy department and everything sells fast and there's just lots of stuff to be put out on the floor right now. A good, normal day during the summer would be like a 200 DPCI man caf for Dairy and Frozen like an 80 DPCI man caf. Frozen pulls at my store seem to be significantly smaller than our Dairy pulls, Dairy is the one everyone knows is gonna be huge and take at least an hour to pull, when frozen pulls hardly take 15 minutes if you haul ass.

Yeah at a pfresh store dairy is usually the larger of the two. At mine, a really stuffed tier cart. I end up having to repush all the "backstock" carts because no one ever backstock. My store could never really figure out how to implement e2e.

Holy crap, if our freezer or dairy pull was ever at 800+ eaches, at that point I'd just LOCU the freezer/coolers and push it all out; it would be a heck of a lot faster. :p

Holy crap, if our freezer or dairy pull was ever at 800+ eaches, at that point I'd just LOCU the freezer/coolers and push it all out; it would be a heck of a lot faster. :p
Yep...800 eaches is what the dairy man caf is usually up to when they decide it's time to drop it for us

Thing is, these massive pulls barely put a dent in our backstock.

puts maybe a small dent in it, but really all it does it lower the DPCI count for 1 o'clocks just barely(they're just as big, still) but for whatever we put out during the day for pulls, will literally more than likely get put back into the warehouse because of freight the next morning.

For every fullcase we put out, we got two more the next day, so our backroom is pretty much a fricken mess. Temp locations everywhere, full cases stacked to the ceiling, 4-5 DPCIs per WACO. It's a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back