Archived What position gets the least recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think team leads (no matter what area) get the least recognition (at least in my store). We manage our own teams, do a lot of the hard work we have to do to get our jobs done/help our teams, and get little to no recognition.

I'd love to just get a sincere thank you once in a while...not a "nice job on (blank) BUT you also need to do (blank)."

Of course I'm sure it depends on the store but I from what I've seen here and my own experience, the Signing Ninja tends to get the short end of the stick on a pretty regular basis.
Part of it comes from people not really understanding everything they do and the fact that they have so many bosses.

Of course I'm sure it depends on the store but I from what I've seen here and my own experience, the Signing Ninja tends to get the short end of the stick on a pretty regular basis.
Part of it comes from people not really understanding everything they do and the fact that they have so many bosses.
Ours is surprisingly really well-liked by the execs. His TL...not so much.

I'm glad my store loves the signing ninja. She's the nicest person, and leadership loves her.

She also went with me and our GSTL friend to the pride parade this year.

I am on good terms with the right people in my store

I'm trained in quite a few areas and my shifts are all over the place. My least favorite is fitting room operator. I always get the talk of coming away clean and having to get pulled to zone the last two hours. When my stalls are all occupied nonstop, that's impossible. I always feel like I'm disappointing the LOD.

But I also feel we are all not appreciated. We have to all work together as a whole for things to run smoothly. I've learned to pull things myself because I know how much stress the backroom is under. I get annoyed with the GSAS and gstls when I constantly see them socializing and not being productive. When the LOD doesn't ever respond on the walkie, it chaps my ass. So all the team members need more hours so we can have more team members to balance the workload.

END RANT {back to my wine}

5 hours of scanning items on the floor while ignoring guests, call buttons and backup requests and then dashing out the door at the first sign that we are beginning to push your overscanned, inaccurate batches that create more backstock than they fill the shelves. I fucking hate instocks team. Quite frankly if flow and backroom did their jobs right instocks wouldn't even have a job.

This is exactly how my store's instocks team is. 4-5 of them run around and rack up 70+ research batches. Halfway through their shift I'm tempted to say "hey instocks team, that's enough scanning. A couple of you need to come back and start pulling these batches you just shot." It has worked in my favor. There are always hours to be gained when an ETL realizes it's 2:00, instocks team is long gone, and all of those batches are still waiting to be pulled. Sure, I can stay and pull those. No problem.

I will say instocks team is usually the first one going for backup cashier (whether on their own accord or being called out to go up) and are always helping guests (usually because hardlines TMs are scarce that early in the morning).

I'm pretty sure that the STL gets the least recognition, followed closely by the Execs.

OK, stop laughing - it was a joke but it wasn't that funny!

At least at my store, the ETLs and STL get quite a bit of recognition from higher up leadership...

You couldn't pay me to work Softlines but for me its always GSA. We do more than you know and we will do anything you ask and even put on a smile while you blame us all day long!
i would NEVER take any GSA/GSTL for granted!! i rely on them so much, all my GSA's are so helpful. I've been a cashier for over a year now and I can handle many more problems on my own than I used to, but i don't know if i could get through a long shift on register without the GSA :p

I've been here six weeks and have worked in nine work centers so I'd have to say.....um.....what day is it again?

Welcome to what my world USED to be.
I worked as many as four workcenters in a day.

Receiving, because the rest of the team in my store thinks I don't do anything.
People have that misconception that all we do is sit down and wait for someone to ring the doorbell. But there is so much more involved. Defective's, sweep, salvage, CRC ESIM, MIR, ESIM Log, check in books UPS/Fed ex, deliver mail to half of the store, do bales, my support things. Check in vendors unload the food truck oh yeah by the way Help on your downtime! If you are an efficient receiver you will have time to do this believe it or not!

how many asterisks were next to your name on the grid, lol.
I was scheduled for 2-3 on avg but, because I was extremely global, I frequently got pulled to other areas if my current area was covered.
But yeh, a few times I had asterisks out the *$$.

Cart Attendant. Or, maybe I should say the *good* cart attendants (not the ones who complain about being outside all day... oh, the agony!) If you take pride in cleaning the bathrooms, you are just about as awesome as it gets at Target. Seriously.

At my store? It's flow crew. Unless our team lead writes us a vibe card, we hardly ever receive recognition. It's gotten so bad that our store usually schedules cool stuff like 'Pizza Day' or 'Soft Pretzel Day' on non-truck days, because they know most of flow won't be there. When questioned, the STL honestly replied "Well, there's too many of flow for us to buy everybody pizza, so we schedule it on a day when they aren't here.". Never mind that POG team gets special breakfasts...

Also: Cashier/Service Desk TM.

They are our front line of defense against the heinous guest, and they carry the burden of the REDcard-- GSAs may catch the flak from the leadership about REDcards, but cashiers are the ones whose shoulders the burden is truly upon. Yeah, they may get to hear some ETLs orgasmically scream their name over the walkie whenever they sign someone up, but is that actually recognition? At this point it just feels like a Pavlovian response to me.

I cleaned up vomit on the racetrack a while back.

Ton's of fun and LOL's!

At my store? It's flow crew. Unless our team lead writes us a vibe card, we hardly ever receive recognition. It's gotten so bad that our store usually schedules cool stuff like 'Pizza Day' or 'Soft Pretzel Day' on non-truck days, because they know most of flow won't be there. When questioned, the STL honestly replied "Well, there's too many of flow for us to buy everybody pizza, so we schedule it on a day when they aren't here.". Never mind that POG team gets special breakfasts...
Wow. Tell them to subscribe to Papa Johns email coupons. They give out 50% off specials several times a week.

My store gets 2 deliveries of 25 pizzas when they do pizza day.

I've always felt bad for the only team members in the store who are "certified" to clean up chemicals, feces and vomit besides team leaders, executive team leaders, store team leaders and so on, for near minimum wage. Yes I'm talking about our cart attendants.
PS. I used to be one. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back