Archived What position gets the least recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have that misconception that all we do is sit down and wait for someone to ring the doorbell. But there is so much more involved. Defective's, sweep, salvage, CRC ESIM, MIR, ESIM Log, check in books UPS/Fed ex, deliver mail to half of the store, do bales, my support things. Check in vendors unload the food truck oh yeah by the way Help on your downtime! If you are an efficient receiver you will have time to do this believe it or not!
Ummm, downtime doesn't exist. I try to be efficient but lately I have bombed

People have that misconception that all we do is sit down and wait for someone to ring the doorbell. But there is so much more involved. Defective's, sweep, salvage, CRC ESIM, MIR, ESIM Log, check in books UPS/Fed ex, deliver mail to half of the store, do bales, my support things. Check in vendors unload the food truck oh yeah by the way Help on your downtime! If you are an efficient receiver you will have time to do this believe it or not!

Yes, you can! Some days are just more stressful than others and you go home with a numb brain...

I'd say softlines gets the short end of the stick.

We have to answer phones, help guests, back up cashier, do CAF pulls, zone, hang/fold reshop, put away reshop, pick up stuff off the floor CONSTANTLY, etc etc etc. add in the Shoe Dept, Underwear bins and bras and clearance madness.

yep, softlines gets the least recognition.

and ONE guest can completely trash an area and/or table.

FML.

ETA: Whomever designed the wallet area of Women's accessories should be fired. Yep, fired.

Also, fire the person who decided hanging Toddler clothing on teeny tiny hangers was a good idea. The shirts fall on the floor constantly. Looks terrible, it's a trip hazard, and a complete time waster picking it up off the ground.

Last edited:
Cash office. Every time I emerge from my lair to cover a GSTL break or the once in a blue moon when I'm actually scheduled for a GSA shift at least three people tell me "you still work here?" The only time my position gets any attention period is when I eff up badly enough for Sales Audit to email about it which is almost never, or I call in sick and they have to get someone from another store to fill in which is also almost never. Nobody notices when I go above and beyond or do a great job at something because all my work happens alone in a locked office. Closing LODs always steal my good pens, which I buy with my own money. I am one new boss and a red swingline stapler away from Office Space.

There is probably a TM from every work center in every store who doesn't get the recognition they deserve. A lot of people do go above and beyond, but don't mention it to others, therefore few people see it.

Just my two cents :)

I am a PA (Pfresh Assistant) and my two in store heroes are my PMT and my Receiver.

I've always felt bad for the only team members in the store who are "certified" to clean up chemicals, feces and vomit besides team leaders, executive team leaders, store team leaders and so on, for near minimum wage. Yes I'm talking about our cart attendants.
PS. I used to be one. You guys are awesoke.

Feces are pretty gross, cleaning up months old gelatonous blood with the consistency of snot from someone suffering from Bronchitis, and a smell that surpaces a mountain of feces into the realm of literal death is quite fun i must say..

The only time I have ever vomited from just the smell of something.

The PMT in my store is actually the Starbucks TL as well. As much as I dislike my job, when I look at him, I realize it can be worse.

Last edited:
At my store? It's flow crew. Unless our team lead writes us a vibe card, we hardly ever receive recognition. It's gotten so bad that our store usually schedules cool stuff like 'Pizza Day' or 'Soft Pretzel Day' on non-truck days, because they know most of flow won't be there. When questioned, the STL honestly replied "Well, there's too many of flow for us to buy everybody pizza, so we schedule it on a day when they aren't here.". Never mind that POG team gets special breakfasts...

This is when the PA steps in and samples out Cheesecake for the C&S flow team because they FIFO'd the hell out of those PFresh Pallets.

Cash office. Every time I emerge from my lair to cover a GSTL break or the once in a blue moon when I'm actually scheduled for a GSA shift at least three people tell me "you still work here?" The only time my position gets any attention period is when I eff up badly enough for Sales Audit to email about it which is almost never, or I call in sick and they have to get someone from another store to fill in which is also almost never. Nobody notices when I go above and beyond or do a great job at something because all my work happens alone in a locked office. Closing LODs always steal my good pens, which I buy with my own money. I am one new boss and a red swingline stapler away from Office Space.
Why is this an issue. Somebody stole a whole set of pens off my desk in the tl office. Like for real? Thankfully they were from the dollar store, but get crappy highlighters from the closet people...

When I go to huddles no one outside of the salesfloor gets recognition. My store just seems to forget about
flow, instocks, backroom, deli, produce, bakery, meat, starbucks, and food ave.

I recognize Flow all the time on C+S days when they don't Fark up. I had one of them throw out every 1lb Strawberry I had ordered because they were "bad" without letting me see them.

I was cleaning up a code brown in the men's room and a couple of kids were watching me, all grossed out. I asked them if they had any crackers, they cracked up and said "No!" I begged them to go out and get me some, they 'bout ran out of there.

I LOL'ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back