Archived What position gets the least recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTo3

Professional Overrider
You couldn't pay me to work Softlines but for me its always GSA. We do more than you know and we will do anything you ask and even put on a smile while you blame us all day long!

Team members at a high volume food ave with a Pizza Hut Express. They are usually by themselves. Nothing at food ave is hard, but there are so many things going on at once. Pizza, breadsticks, pasta, hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, dishes, cleaning, working freight, prepping for tomorrow, making everything that's made to order, switching bibs, breakfast sandwiches, stocking condiments, cleaning the dining area...I could go on forever. And this is all going on simultaneously. Barely anyone is cross trained there. They put up with a lot.

Cart attendants.
I would somewhat agree if not for the influx of recent CA's at my location that are seriously lacking. They seem to find ways to be out of sight when work needs done.

I would somewhat agree if not for the influx of recent CA's at my location that are seriously lacking. They seem to find ways to be out of sight when work needs done.

We have a couple of cart attendants who are phenomenal.
My store, unfortunately, has also been hiring sub-par CAs recently. We definitely miss our veteran CAs when they're not scheduled.

I'd say Food Ave. After working Softlines, picking up cashiering shifts, and having friends both backroom and flow... Food Ave never gets any recognition at my store and they have more on their plate than they have hours for. Without giving my store away, Food Ave at my store has more on their plate than at most other Supers and guests get PISSED if anything runs out or gets shut down early.

Flow is the only right answer. At least foodave can open a redcard or somerhing. Flow can't even get that.

I'm in my 12th month and among other things have been given two fifty dollar spending sprees. I love my daily gatoraid requisition!

When I go to huddles no one outside of the salesfloor gets recognition. My store just seems to forget about
flow, instocks, backroom, deli, produce, bakery, meat, starbucks, and food ave.

Comp shop takes the cake for me. God help their damned souls for having to spend entire days walking around Walmart.

My runner ups:
1) cart attendants - they have to deal with the weather and basically run around picking up after everyone all day
2) GSA - responsibilities and pressures of a guest service team leader and pay of a team member
3) Plano - because they literally build everything we work on and are usually unnoticed
4) Cafe/Starbucks - because often times you're alone with 100123423948 things to think about doing at once

Last edited:
Any food related position. We have the same problems other work centers have, but we also have to check quality and expiration. With many items, we have to check at least once a day, and in the case of stone fruit, twice a day. Most tasks are very time consuming.

I look at hardlines and soft lines in envy. Oh how nice it would be to know that the shirts I just hung up don't expire.

We also have to worry about food safety, organics, and various rules regarding meat. Chicken on top of steak? Throw that steak away.

We never get a thank you or recognition. The only time we are talked to is if, in our very limited time, we miss a few things.

Oh. We also clean. A lot. Food seems to make messes. Shoes don't.

Considering they don't even get recognition in this thread and their department just got sold I would have to say pharmacy.
Pharmacy gets recognized pretty frequently at my store. Then again it only seems to happen on Wellness Wednesdays while we're all standing in front of the pharmacy and its the ETL-Pharmacy bringing it up.

I'm surprised you didn't say Ship From Store.

It is the workcenter nobody knows about ;)
When the ETL-LOG asks how we are doing with SFS, I'll list off how many orders we've packed, how many orders are being picked, how many batches we're doing, and what's due today vs due tomorrow.

It's all greek to him but if I say it with prideful tone, I can usually get him to say "nice job!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back