Archived What position gets the least recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ people saying instocks. It's basically the easiest job in the entire store.
Ive noticed a lot of people seem to think their job is so difficult. Ive worked in other work centers, as long as you stock/zone/reshop or whatever BS you get assigned for, you're good. Being a GSA it's like you have twenty jobs going on at once and every LOD has a different idea on what you need to be doing.

I agree, having worked in basically every area of the store GSA is definitely up the list, but I stand by my statement that pharmacy is still the least recognized and most difficult job in the store.

I agree, having worked in basically every area of the store GSA is definitely up the list, but I stand by my statement that pharmacy is still the least recognized and most difficult job in the store.

Doe that still count since they're about to be converted

The best part about flow is that no one even mentions them unless they fuck something up.

At least Pharmacy has wellness Wensdays. Pricing, Instocks, Softlines and such can all back up register and get reconized for a redcard if they get one

Flow literately has nothing. The same with the Backroom and Reverse Log. They simply aren't in a position to get credit for anything other than messing up because they are the largest group in the store

It looks like you have the easiest job in the store. All I ever see you do is sit around in that fancy sweater and spout off high fallutin philosophy
You got it made in the shade

Pls read this as if it was written in new times Roman font. I cant get it to work and i love to mess with the Dude

It looks like you have the easiest job in the store. All I ever see you do is sit around in that fancy sweater and spout off high fallutin philosophy
You got it made in the shade

Pls read this as if it was written in new times Roman font. I cant get it to work and i love to mess with the Dude
FTFY

@DoWork - come work at my store for a weekend.. You will never speak of shoes being easy EVER again.

In stocks gets no love. We get help from NO ONE and in fact are screwed with by every other team flexing product so we have to find it without a clue of who or why they did it. And help every other work center but NEVER get help in return. Oh soft lines has 10 carts & 6 Z-racks of reshop? At 8am, you go help for two hours? But still make sure your 420 task list is done by 10:30am!

Deal with the same exact problems in pricing ...its easy as hell to tie things in on the mydevice, even if they tie it in to some weird section like 97 or 98 at least ill know which aisle its in, but people are too lazy to do that and they just put product wherever they want and that screws us over when it goes clearance and we have no idea where it is. then some etl will say "pricing we need you in aisle A12 you missed some clearance over here" .. shutup, i didnt miss it, i had no idea it was there!

Ar ar ar. Beer time. Anyone know how to pour a decent Black and Tan ?

Not to hard.
Always make two.
Always use Guinness and Bass.
Use a proper pint glass.
Keep it tilted at all times so it doesn't foam up.
Do the Bass halfway then the Guinness, make sure to stop the pour about a quarter inch from the edge so it can surge.

There's a way to do it with a spoon but I've never tried that so I can't help you there.

Now that I think about it, Flow actually does get recognition during Q4 (as long as they are coming clean) when they have lots of help and are working overnight.

They get it from the ETL and TL during the post-unload huddle; from the LOD during the morning huddle; and from the specialty teams formed from other workcenters to push Toys/Electronics, who are impressed with the hard work that gets put into it.

So I will change my answer to Backroom. At my store they are so far behind and never come clean or get any extra help. So even if they accomplish something, there is still plenty to nitpick about not getting done.

Thanks for b&t tip. Was using Harp instead of Bass. Personally I think all the store work centers are under appreciated at present. Hopefully w the dismissal and readjustment of relevant corporate folk a new culture can be built.

I would say that Cashiers get the least and most recognition. If we get a REDcard, we're a freaking god. If we don't get a REDcard, we're invisible and disposable. Who cares about a speed score? It's all about the conversions.

If you're talking about store-level recognition (i.e. huddles): Anyone who does not get Red Cards or kiss the STL's behind.

In the big picture (i.e. corporate/RED): Team Members.

There's a way to do it with a spoon but I've never tried that so I can't help you there.

If I remember correctly, you pour the bottom beer first without the spoon, then you hold the spoon upside-down and pour the Guinness onto the scoop so it lands softly on top instead of pouring directly down into the bottom beer. Like @Redzee, my parents always used Harp for the bottom half.

Then you were doing it wrong.

5 hours of scanning items on the floor while ignoring guests, call buttons and backup requests and then dashing out the door at the first sign that we are beginning to push your overscanned, inaccurate batches that create more backstock than they fill the shelves. I fucking hate instocks team. Quite frankly if flow and backroom did their jobs right instocks wouldn't even have a job.

5 hours of scanning items on the floor while ignoring guests, call buttons and backup requests and then dashing out the door at the first sign that we are beginning to push your overscanned, inaccurate batches that create more backstock than they fill the shelves. I fucking hate instocks team. Quite frankly if flow and backroom did their jobs right instocks wouldn't even have a job.

Yep you are doing it wrong.. Cause I would love to be able to work that way.. My store we are the sales floor, back up cashiers, we pull over stock, fix zone and responsible for PTM push.. And we actually shoot with accuracy and our back stock is minimal. Frankly if you worked like you describe in my store your ass would be gone in no time..

I'm describing how the instocks team in my store does it, not how I myself work.

It does help explain your dislike of in stocks. Teams get that way from being not used correctly and not supported. We have had leaders that didn't like or more accurately didn't understand how to use our team. Sounds like you don't have leadership that understands how to use them and since they don't have good leadership they took the easy way out..

I agree with my people about Food Ave. I'm in a pretty high volume store and it sucks especially when you're understaffed. Right now it is me (FATL) and two other TMs and that is it!

Pog and Pricing get little to no recognition until they fall behind.
I marked a few flats of infant furniture, and PTMed 3 different aisles, tore down a salesplanner,
flexed it into an aisle(and tied it.. this in itself is a miracle for us because I know where it is and if im not there, it is tied so my team can find it when it goes clearance... tie your crap when youre flexing, jeez people. its not that hard. especially with a mydevice. you just hit plus and type in a few numbers.. don't be lazy)
and played tetris to get all the clearance out of the back. I told my ETL because I was proud, and he said. so youre finished now? o_O

Operator never gets recognition too and theyre getting so much crap dumped on them their heads swim.

At my store, Instocks always gets recognition because they are always getting pulled off task to do someone elses task. And then staying late to do theirs. They always help everyone else out and its appreciated. They would definitely be top of the list for recognition at my store, along with cashiers and electronics for redcards and rsp's. but ASANTS :rolleyes:

I reiterate food ave....being understaffed there was a call out so I am working a 13-14 hour shift so that things are not a nightmare tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back