Archived What stupid title did you get for Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the "bitch who gets to run the ticketed tv section at Guest Services and tells these morons to calm the hell down", and then the next night I'm the "bitch who runs Guest Services and tells the guests that we're not playing any return/rebuy or price-match games" until close.

There's a common theme in both those titles...HR literally told me that I'm there instead of on the sales floor because she knows I won't take any crap from the guests that constantly try to play the system.

That's very similar to the reason why my ETL-GE wants me managing the Service Desk. I don't take shit and won't let any of these schemes slip by me. Leave the bubbly and happy GSA to direct the lines, let me shut down the scammers. That's my kinda fun.

The Poor Bastard Who Opens Thanksgiving and Closes Black Friday.

See, I'm glad my last BF shift was a giant mid-shift. I did 4am-7pm on Black Friday and think I was much more effective that way.

Target should learn from Best Buy's model (at least my local store) and have the guest pay for their TV at one place, and then take the receipt and ticket and drive around to receiving to pick up their TV.
This is what my store does for certain items....kind of. They go through the line & hand out tickets for them & you pick it up somewhere in the store.

This is what my store does for certain items....kind of. They go through the line & hand out tickets for them & you pick it up somewhere in the store.
Yeah that's how most stores do it and it's kind of crazy because then they have to maneuver around the store with it and make sure nobody takes it
The way they did it at Best Buy was you pay for it at the register at the back of the store, then you can continue shopping and when done, just get in your car and drive to the back of the building and someone will get it and help load it in your car.

I luckily get to work 10pm-6:30am so I get to avoid most of the rush. Last year I was service desk from midnight til 8am and had maybe 2 guests the entire time. This year I'll be in hardlines which means I'll have the luxury of fixing the gigantic mess that'll happen the few hours before my shift starts.

Yeah that's how most stores do it and it's kind of crazy because then they have to maneuver around the store with it and make sure nobody takes it
The way they did it at Best Buy was you pay for it at the register at the back of the store, then you can continue shopping and when done, just get in your car and drive to the back of the building and someone will get it and help load it in your car.
I just waited until I was ready to check out & picked it up. No worrying about someone taking it ;)

TV Shop Overlord! I guess I'll be the first one to face trouble when we have more tickets than TVs.

I will be working at guest service and was told tv's and expensive items will be at guest service :eek:

Captain of the Electronics Boat, otherwise known as "Electronics line service manager" or "the electronics mini-GSTL" so that the 3 GSA/TL's working can focus on the front end.

Store pickup and then GSA, both of which equally are such fun titles.

For those who have a service desk with a half wall behind it and the reshop carts under it, do they just take out the reshop carts and shove the TVs under there? About how many TVs/how much space does it take up? I'm worried that it will block easy access to our store pickup area behind it.

For those who have a service desk with a half wall behind it and the reshop carts under it, do they just take out the reshop carts and shove the TVs under there? About how many TVs/how much space does it take up? I'm worried that it will block easy access to our store pickup area behind it.

Our store has that setup, but I have no idea how we're gonna be holding the TV's. Our Service Desk is ridiculously small and shares space with Photo, so I have absolutely no idea how we are going to store the TV's unless we have them on a pallet in front of the self-serve photo kiosks.

Thursday I'll be the Softlines lackey that gets everything done faster than non-seasonals. Friday? Sleeping. So hard.

This is my first Black Friday in retail and I'm scheduled at the Service Desk starting 11 pm on Thursday to 7:30 am on Friday. Can anyone tell me what to expect or will it be business as usual?

This is my first Black Friday in retail and I'm scheduled at the Service Desk starting 11 pm on Thursday to 7:30 am on Friday. Can anyone tell me what to expect or will it be business as usual?

Easier than business as usual.

No price matching, period. No price adjustments. No returns/re-purchases. It will be busy till maybe 1-2 AM, and then dead fo the rest of your shift, maybe getting a bit busy again after 6 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back