Archived What type of store do you work in?

What type of store do you work at/did you work at?

• Super Target

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • P-fresh

Votes: 128 57.9%
  • GM

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Not sure/not at a store

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • CityTarget

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your future store is similar to mine, but a few areas are switched around and we have a Starbucks.
Same for mine, mainly the pharmacy/personal care stuff is swapped with household, ours goes beauty, personal care, household, pets with paper products in the far corner.. GS is where the Cafe is - and we have FA and a SB.

Your current store - former Greatland?

Your future store is similar to mine, but a few areas are switched around and we have a Starbucks.

As far as I'm aware, no. But after reading the Wikipedia page, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

To be honest, I can't wait for my future store. The lack of a Starbucks is gonna be awesome. I rarely find Food Avenue soda cups around the store but the Starbucks cups are freaking EVERYWHERE.

You'll be amazed how many abandoned Icees and popcorn bags you'll find.

Not so much in my store. I guess I'm lucky!

Your current store - former Greatland?

As far as I'm aware, no. But after reading the Wikipedia page, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

To be honest, I can't wait for my future store. The lack of a Starbucks is gonna be awesome. I rarely find Food Avenue soda cups around the store but the Starbucks cups are freaking EVERYWHERE.

You'll be amazed how many abandoned Icees and popcorn bags you'll find.

Not so much in my store. I guess I'm lucky!

Try being attached to a mall. Get food ave & starbucks garbage, as well as mall food court garbage.

My store is a GM store right now. We are going to be a Pfresh store next year when we start remodeling in April. Anyone know how to look up the new store layout on workbench?

I'm at a P-Fresh store. It feels so small, in my opinion.

yomj.png
This is almost my store's exact layout. Missing optical and one thing that would 100% reveal my store number.

icon_shifty.gif

High volume P-Fresh? We have s Starbucks and Pizza Hut too, but no optical. I think it's pretty big. Guests ask me all the time where the registers are.

Where are you finding these maps?
The only way i know of is to go to the mobile version of the target website, go to your store (using store locator) and select "store map". I tried finding a desktop version, but to no avail.

The only way i know of is to go to the mobile version of the target website, go to your store (using store locator) and select "store map". I tried finding a desktop version, but to no avail.

Thanks - found the map of my store. It's a P-Fresh and it has a Starbucks (not listed) but no pizza hut. Layout looks slightly different than others posted. Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-45-18.png

Thanks - found the map of my store. It's a P-Fresh and it has a Starbucks (not listed) but no pizza hut. Layout looks slightly different than others posted.View attachment 681
I like this type of layout. The types with staggered checkouts and IGS are the ones I'd never want to work at. There is a supertarget near me with full market and deli, starbucks, food ave, and a (real) guest service desk. They have multiple TMs working the service desk too, which would be an upgrade from being alone for most of the morning/night.

My Store!!! Lower left is where garden center was.
joestore.png

If I could get away with it, I would transfer here:
otherstore.png

You are a border store:)

What, do you mean like on the border of Mexico?

I like this type of layout. The types with staggered checkouts and IGS are the ones I'd never want to work at. There is a supertarget near me with full market and deli, starbucks, food ave, and a (real) guest service desk. They have multiple TMs working the service desk too, which would be an upgrade from being alone for most of the morning/night.

Staggered check-outs ugh. Reminds me of Walmart. I just don't like how staggered checkouts look.

Thanks - found the map of my store. It's a P-Fresh and it has a Starbucks (not listed) but no pizza hut. Layout looks slightly different than others posted.View attachment 681

Not too different. Unlike my store, yours is smart and has electronics in the back of the store. Luggage makes a little more sense to be near shoes and softlines, but who zones luggage? At my store, the toys/sport zoner does that, but what about you?

My Store!!! Lower left is where garden center was.
View attachment 682

What's the grey on the far left then?

Looks weird to have pet care the first thing after the checklanes. Figured they'd go for something more people would shop. I do like how it's very clear where softlines and hardlines begin and end like at my store. Anything hardlines is on the border of softlines and you've got just that one half of the store that's clothing. a nice even split.

If I could get away with it, I would transfer here:
View attachment 683

softlines on two levels ew

why would you want to trasnfer?

Ambient room, dry market backroom, coolers. Our freezer is in the main backroom.

Looks weird to have pet care the first thing after the checklanes. Figured they'd go for something more people would shop
We have a pet store in our shopping center so we have pets up front to get people to NOT go there. We hope that they're coming from the north off of the freeway so they don't even see the other store. Our neighbor store two exits up is reversed with pets and cleaning supplies reversed.

Nicer area.

Ambient room, dry market backroom, coolers. Our freezer is in the main backroom.

Looks weird to have pet care the first thing after the checklanes. Figured they'd go for something more people would shop
We have a pet store in our shopping center so we have pets up front to get people to NOT go there. We hope that they're coming from the north off of the freeway so they don't even see the other store. Our neighbor store two exits up is reversed with pets and cleaning supplies reversed.

Nicer area.

Ah fair enough on pets and the nicer area. Thought it was something with the store layout.

Do you have it possibly set-up like grocery stores where you can just put the stuff on the floor from the backroom?

This is not my store but I think this store looks interesting. It's in Queens
1344.png

Do you have it possibly set-up like grocery stores where you can just put the stuff on the floor from the backroom?
There is a vendor area and 4 long aisles for located backstock. Yes, we have separate tubs that we use for dry market that stay in that backroom. The only food that is in our main backroom is frozen and certain DSD vendors (Coke, Pepsi, etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back