Archived What type of store do you work in?

What type of store do you work at/did you work at?

• Super Target

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • P-fresh

Votes: 128 57.9%
  • GM

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Not sure/not at a store

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • CityTarget

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - found the map of my store. It's a P-Fresh and it has a Starbucks (not listed) but no pizza hut. Layout looks slightly different than others posted.View attachment 681

Not too different. Unlike my store, yours is smart and has electronics in the back of the store. Luggage makes a little more sense to be near shoes and softlines, but who zones luggage? At my store, the toys/sport zoner does that, but what about you?

Softlines zones luggage. It's just a couple aisles; it goes along with shoes.

I won't post mine because the store number is in the picture, even if I edited it out I'm sure that the map could be matched to my store. It's a former greatland p fresh, we have photo, guest service, pharmacy, optical, and some other stuff that's too unique to post. Our electronics is also in the front for some reason...I agree with everyone else on this one that that's a bad design decision and that electronics should be at the back to make everyone walk past endcaps on their way there.
Your great land was built in the nineties, just like mine.

I won't post mine because the store number is in the picture, even if I edited it out I'm sure that the map could be matched to my store. It's a former greatland p fresh, we have photo, guest service, pharmacy, optical, and some other stuff that's too unique to post. Our electronics is also in the front for some reason...I agree with everyone else on this one that that's a bad design decision and that electronics should be at the back to make everyone walk past endcaps on their way there.
80s actually.

80s actually.
Ok. Late eighties & early nineties.

Here is ours. Nice store, recently remodled in April. Basically electronics was by pharmacy/market in the corner. And pets got moved up from, and a few minor rearranging. Added starbucks, used to be guest service. Now express lanes are guest service.
Does yours have signs above IGS that say 10 items or less? That seems to be the main complaint from everyone here who has to deal with that mess. I'd try to get in at starbucks if my store remodeled and got rid of the service desk.

No such signs at my store. iGS is NOT express, it's checkout. Normal checkout. Tell a guest they have too many items to come to the service desk and you're going to get a coaching.

Here is ours. Nice store, recently remodled in April. Basically electronics was by pharmacy/market in the corner. And pets got moved up from, and a few minor rearranging. Added starbucks, used to be guest service. Now express lanes are guest service.
Does yours have signs above IGS that say 10 items or less? That seems to be the main complaint from everyone here who has to deal with that mess. I'd try to get in at starbucks if my store remodeled and got rid of the service desk.

No such signs at my store. iGS is NOT express, it's checkout. Normal checkout. Tell a guest they have too many items to come to the service desk and you're going to get a coaching.
I cant remember, but i thought we had a sign saying x items or less, might be wrong. So would then if someone took a whole buggy of stuff to Target Cafe, theyd have to check them out? It doesnt say otherwise? There is a point where the STL can make a reasonable decision saying we can without coaching.

I cant remember, but i thought we had a sign saying x items or less, might be wrong. So would then if someone took a whole buggy of stuff to Target Cafe, theyd have to check them out? It doesnt say otherwise? There is a point where the STL can make a reasonable decision saying we can without coaching.

I'm not saying no stores with iGS have such signs, some might, but that's certainly not the case at my store. And refusing to serve guests at it'd certainly get you coached at my store.

The Food Ave comparison is a really, really big stretch, because iGS registers have lane lights, just like any other register, and they have signs that light up and say "Checkout and Returns". Food Ave does not in any way shape or form advertise to guests that it is to be used for Checkout, my stores iGS does.

Here's mine (for real this time). The number was hidden sneakily and didn't notice for a second. :eek: Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back