Archived What type of store do you work in?

What type of store do you work at/did you work at?

• Super Target

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • P-fresh

Votes: 128 57.9%
  • GM

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Not sure/not at a store

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • CityTarget

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see what type of store we all work in.

Edit: I forgot city targets were a thing! Feel free to reply or respond not sure. I can't edit the poll for some reason :-/

Last edited:
New here, what does each of these mean?

My Target has a few aisles of packaged food, and some milk/eggs/butter but that's about it. No starbucks and our Food Ave doesn't have a pizza hut. What does that make us?

My Target has a few aisles of packaged food, and some milk/eggs/butter but that's about it. No starbucks and our Food Ave doesn't have a pizza hut. What does that make us?
Low volume store

I'll put GM because that's what the store was when I worked there. It's now a P-Fresh though.

Sounds like a GM (general merchandise) store. Does your store sell produce, fresh meat, some baked goods? If not, then you're a GM store.

P-fresh stores sell produce, meat, a selection of bakery goods, a good selection of dairy, frozen foods, and 20 or so aisles of dry groceries.

Super Targets have a full service deli, bakery, and large produce department. Their frozen and dairy departments are bigger and they have many more dry grocery aisles.

I work in a GM store. I don't think we will ever be more than that, as we don't have the room for them to shoe horn in the fresh food at our store. I suggested expanding, but told that the company the runs our mall, GGP, would not allow that. My reply was for us to build on the land that own east of our store (now this, as several of county commissioners have asked when are going to build s Super Target on our land).

I worked at a Greatland, and a Super Bullseye. Maybe someday, I'll get around to seeing a City Store..

Pfresh store. Working at this store was my first experience with Pfresh, where I grew up we just had good old GM stores. Store is nice cause it's a new one.

1 High Volume store (2 rotations)
1 Low Volume store (3 rotations)
1 insanely high volume Super (1 rotation)

I've seen some ULV stores get P-Fresh reno's. Shocking is how they got a Starbux, and IGS.

Nope, kept 'em.
Lost quite a bit of salesfloor, tho, hardlines AND softlines.

One store in my area got remodeled all except Guest Service. I was surprised... when I walked in, they had the old overhead Guest Service sign that is white with a green bar underneath and Guest Service itself was mainly white and not red with the name written in green neon. The rest of the store was red all around.

Now, here's a better question. Ever seen a Greatland this big, with a full line Grocery, and deli, and well, everything. Yet, Spot never labeled it a Super :p

Greatland.jpg

That's really odd.... I was going to say maybe they're missing the speciality grocery areas like the deli, but if that is there..... Sounds like a super target to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back